Nvidia GTX 560
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
System Specs:

Processor: Intel® Core™ i5-750 Processor1 2.66GHz with Turbo Boost2 Technology up to 3.2GHz (8MB Intel® Smart Cache)7

Memory 8192MB DDR3 Dual-Channel 1333MHz Memory (installed MaxOSX with 4GB then added the other 4GB afterwards)

Hard Drive 320GB SATA hard drive (Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM)

Video NVidia 8800 GT (replaced the ATI 5750 that came with this computer)

Optical Drive 16X DVD+/-R/RW SuperMulti Drive

Power Supply 300W Power Supply (Stock) - Replaced with a 500W Antec Power Supply

Audio High Definition Audio with 7.1-channel Surround Support (It's a REALTEK Chipset... I'll have to use a magnifying glass to check the actual number on the chip as it's pretty tiny.)

Available Expansion Slots Available: 0 - PCI-E x16, 1 - PCI-E x4, 2 - PCI-E x1

External Ports (10) USB 2.0 ports (4 Front, 6 Rear) ALL USB ports work, IEEE 1394a Firewire is detected, (2) eSATA (untested), VGA, (2) PS/2 Ports (PS/2 works with VoodooPS/2 kext, HDMI™, (5) Audio Ports (Front headphone jack and rear Green jack works STEREO, Optical S/PDIF10 (Not working ... yet).

Keyboard Premium Gateway Keyboard (PS/2 - go figure.. who uses PS/2 these days!?)

Media Card Reader Multi-in-One Digital Media Card Reader with Photo Frame Button (Multi-Reader untested)

Motherboard Systemboard with Intel® H57 Express Chipset

Mouse Optical Mouse (USB)

Network 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet LAN (RJ-45 port) (Intel Chipset - be sure to choose this in MultiBeast)

Install notes:

After a few fresh installs, and a LOT of googling and reading this forum I was able to get MacOSX 10.6.6 stable with sound, Nvidia 8800 support, and networking.

The only thing that I can't get working is Optical out on my sound card. I played around with the ALC8xxHDA.kexts to no avail.

I'm running VoodooHDA with the HDAEnabler.kext, AppleHDA.kext removed from S/L/E and ALC8xxHDA.kext removed from E/E. Refreshed cache and permissions during VoodooHDA install with MultiBeast 3.2 and rebooted.

I have sound through the front panel headphone jack and rear green audio jack as well. I haven't tested microphone input yet.

The one thing that caused me grief was after the 10.6.6 update and changing my resolution to 1280x1024. Upon changing it I was greeted with a blue screen.

After a few installs, I decided to google this issue and the fix was quite simple - move my DVI/VGA adapter over to the 2nd port on my 8800 then move it back. As stupid as it seems, it worked.

I also installed the tonymacx86 NVIDIA update and changing resolutions isn't an issue anymore.

*UPDATE*

OPTICAL AUDIO is now working! 2ch only unfortunately.

Using the VoodooHDA 0.2.56 kext. System Profiler shows no built in audio however, in Audio Devices under MIDI Setup, SPDIF OUT (black) is listed.

Right-click (sorry using a 2 button mouse and a Windows user) on SPDIF OUT (black) and ensure all audio is being used on this port.

Change channels to 2 and format to 96000.0 Hz.

*UPDATE #2*

This morning, I removed VoodooHDA 0.2.56 and installed the ALCxxxHDA kext again with the ALC888 kext.

I was able to get Built-in Audio to recognize all 10 of my audio ports.

888.jpg

S/PDIF Optical is working however only 2ch. Be sure to change MIDI audio settings to 96000Hz (96Khz) and 16-bit or your receiver won't know how to decode the audio.

Is there anyone who has been able to get this chipset working with 5.1 audio?

Attachments

• 888.jpg
    888.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 328
While using Logmein from the office, I used the following guide to create an Aggregate device to link a bunch of audio outputs together to HOPEFULLY get 6.1 running.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=848

I didn't install any additional Kexts now that my onboard audio is being detected properly.

6.1jpg.JPG

I'll have to test this once I get home. Stay tuned.

Attachments

• 6.1jpg.JPG
    6.1jpg.JPG
    70.6 KB · Views: 350
Here's another thing I will try tonight. Since Optical out is working fine in 2ch mode, I installed Perian to force AC3 passthrough on my Optical out.

http://fplanque.com/dev/mac/ac3-ac-3-5-1-surrond-sound-apple-mac-osx

This MIGHT do the trick. I'll let you all know what happens.

*additional note* Change the frequency in MIDI Audio Setup from 96K to 48K.

Using Perian for AC3 passthrough did the trick! I now have full 6.1 AC3 audio!

I know it been awhile I have the same pc, you still doing ok with updates after 10.6.6, anything break?? btw you have any hanging on pre-boot at post or usb issues, not sure if you use multi into windows, but my windows time is always wrong after coming from osx.

Man can u please help me I have the same pc as you and can not get Mac os x working help. THX Also what are the tools you used to install it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back