Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Acer Aspire V Nitro VN7-591G-744N
CPU
i7-4720HQ
Graphics
HD 4600 + GTX 860M, 1920X1080
Hey Guys,

Firstly I just want to say thanks to all the contributors to this forum, it's a great place to learn a lot.

I've been trying to setup my laptop on Mojave, I used to have it running Sierra but stupidly deleted my EFI folder about a year ago and cannot remember how it was setup. Things seem to have moved on with clover and patching since then!

Please find attached my problem reporting files.

Ideally I'd like my HD4600 to work with acceleration at present it's only showing 7mb?

Thanks in advance

Will

Attachments

• debug_2001.zip
    2.8 MB · Views: 41
Hey Guys,

Firstly I just want to say thanks to all the contributors to this forum, it's a great place to learn a lot.

I've been trying to setup my laptop on Mojave, I used to have it running Sierra but stupidly deleted my EFI folder about a year ago and cannot remember how it was setup. Things seem to have moved on with clover and patching since then!

Please find attached my problem reporting files.

Ideally I'd like my HD4600 to work with acceleration at present it's only showing 7mb?

Thanks in advance

Will
check the laptop guide for updated config.plist for Mojave:

then read post 2 of the guide regarding installing kexts

Hi FearTech,

Thanks for replying, I have used the plist from 'booting osx on laptops with clover' for my HD4600, I have moved all my kexts from /clover/other to s/l as mentioned in the guide and I still get a garbled screen on boot up. I can only bypass this and get to the desktop by disabling the device properties for 'AAPL,ig-platform-id - 0600260A' and 'device-id 12040000'

I have tried using FakePCIID.kext & FakePCIID_Intel_HD_Graphics.kext installed in L/E I have also tried using Lilu.kext and WhateverGreen.kext and neither seem to work, I understand it will be my misunderstanding but at the moment I'm just going round in circles.

if you could shed any more light on it that would be great.

Many Thanks,

`Will

I did find an old copy of a config.plist in which the graphics are detected but the screen glitches. I'm struggling to see what the difference is between them?

Would you be able to identify what I have done wrong.

Many Thanks

Will

Attachments

• everything but hd4600 works.plist
    11.2 KB · Views: 71
  • hd 4600 works but glitches config.plist
    26.2 KB · Views: 70
I did find an old copy of a config.plist in which the graphics are detected but the screen glitches. I'm struggling to see what the difference is between them?

Many Thanks

Will
try MacBookPro 11,1 system definition

also 1 of your config,plist has a lot of useless information

Many Thanks

Will
also you have disabled change GFX0 to IGPU in your config.plist

best to try the config.plist as is

Thanks for that
The plist I'm using is everything but hd4600 works.plist.

I have tried using MacBookPro 11,1

I thought I need to have disabled change GFX0 to IGPU as I have a 860m discreet card?

Do I need to change

GFX0 to IGPU to 'enabled' to get my hd4600 working.?

I thought all references of gfx0 needed to be disabled as they refer to my discreet graphics card?

Many thanks for the tips :)

Thanks for that
The plist I'm using is everything but hd4600 works.plist.

I have tried using MacBookPro 11,1

I thought I need to have disabled change GFX0 to IGPU as I have a 860m discreet card?
no because you will be using your intel graphics and then use the guide to disable your nvidia card:

Do I need to change

GFX0 to IGPU to 'enabled' to get my hd4600 working.?

I thought all references of gfx0 needed to be disabled as they refer to my discreet graphics card?

Many thanks for the tips :)
no, use the config.plist as is, leave it enabled

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back