Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ROG Maximus Viii Hero
CPU
Intel 6700k Skylake
Graphics
Geforce 980ti
Hi all,

I just built my first PC and I'm dual booting Windows 10 and OS X 10.11.4 El Capitan.
Specs: ROG Maximus Viii Hero, Skylake 6700k I7, GTX 980ti.

So far everything is working swimmingly except for garage band. When I start an empty project, it tells me that "The specified number of tracks could not be created. Reduce the number of tracks to create, then try again." Then when I go to add a new track it crashes.

Upon playing back an old track, I here no sound and am alerted that core audio is unavailable. I assume that this is the root of my problem. I do not see 'built in' input our output devices in my settings or audio midi setup. My audio on there programs has been working since I installed voodooHDA.kext.
I am attempting to record on a persons usb audiotex but I am getting these errors regardless of the device that I use: I have tried them all. I have also attempted deleting and reinstalling garageband to no avail as well as deleting my com.apple.audiodevicesettings.plist. in the library.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Let me know what additional info you all need!

-Strawberry

Hi all,

I just built my first PC and I'm dual booting Windows 10 and OS X 10.11.4 El Capitan.
Specs: ROG Maximus Viii Hero, Skylake 6700k I7, GTX 980ti.

So far everything is working swimmingly except for garage band. When I start an empty project, it tells me that "The specified number of tracks could not be created. Reduce the number of tracks to create, then try again." Then when I go to add a new track it crashes.

Upon playing back an old track, I here no sound and am alerted that core audio is unavailable. I assume that this is the root of my problem. I do not see 'built in' input our output devices in my settings or audio midi setup. My audio on there programs has been working since I installed voodooHDA.kext.
I am attempting to record on a persons usb audiotex but I am getting these errors regardless of the device that I use: I have tried them all. I have also attempted deleting and reinstalling garageband to no avail as well as deleting my com.apple.audiodevicesettings.plist. in the library.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Let me know what additional info you all need!

-Strawberry

Anyone found a fix for this yet? Similar issue here. running 10.11.5 El capitan w/ latest release of garageband. Tried re-installing and deleting preferences. I have tried using m-audio fast track pro which used to work with these same settings. Bought a new focusrite scarlett 2i4 second gen which supposedly uses class compliant mode out of the box and avoids any audiousb el capitan issues. Works fine in ableton but still not in GB. Getting same errors. Only difference is I did not install voodoo kext because I use HDMI audio so I used the easy HDMIaudio.kext method which has been working flawlessly. Also worth noting i use sound siphon to route the hdmi sound preferences but I dont think any of this has to do with the coreaudio not working in GB. The focusrite works with ableton. HDMI audio out works on monitor. Nothing in Garageband even though the focusrite ins and outs are selected in preferences. Also tried making an aggregate device and did not work either. Also ran a little script file from focusrite to force enable class compliant on older macs that had driver issues. really weird. El capitan is definitely to blame but does anyone have any insight? it used to be working on v 10.11.5 with fasttrack pro(which is remarkable considering the issues with fastrack) but wont play nice with the new focusrite using out of the box class compliancy boggles my mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back