Contribute
Register

gambcl's Build - X58A-UD5, Core i7 950, ATI 5770

Status
Not open for further replies.
No it complains and resets it back to 1066, but it doesn't bother me that much.

Gambcl, thank you so much for this guide. It took me a while to figure out the hoolock step, but overall your guide was a massive help.

Regarding ram speed / stability questions. My build won't wake up from sleep when I push the BCLK past 160, so that's my limiting factor. Otherwise, at 160, I can crank my CPU multiplier without problems, x24 for 3.8GHz, and set my ram multiplier x10 for 1600MHz, with no problems waking from sleep and passing a 1 hour OCCT and intel burn test.

My OC settings are as following => BCLK: 160, QPI: 1.215, Uncore: x20, SMM: x10, DDRV: 1.64v, CPUM: x24, VCore: 1.34375

Only issue I'm now having is with the USB audio to my 27". It periodically starts stuttering, possible after waking from sleep. Gambcl, you having any issues with this?

UPDATE: yep, audio stutters after waking from sleep.... hmm

Attachments

• dump.txt.zip
    129.8 KB · Views: 69
Its probably the monitor itself, Apple have just released another software update for it, which is supposed to cure USB audio issues.

Have you tried that?

Yep, updated yesterday. I think this did fix the audio completely dying when using it with my Macbook. But It looks like the BCLK is to blame in this case. I isolated the value and anything other than a stock 133 brings on the stuttering issues (on wake). Ah well, back to a stock OC for day to day use.

Does it work to adjust brightness with the keyboard (F1 and F2)? Is there any dual link DVI to mini display port adapter available that will work?

Hi,

I have built up the same setup. It is working great since the first day. Now is a time to do some upgrade.

Is that possible to install another Apple Radeon 5770 in that machine so I will be able to have 3+ monitors. How about CrossFire? Will that work?

And what can you suggest me to do with the new 10.6.7 update? Does it make sense to do it? Have you done that on this system and what changes should I perform before/after?

Don't really want to screw things up as the machine now has a lot of settings, software and files.

Best.

Do you still need the hoolock step with the new apple ati drivers ,
If yes could you please exlpain it (the hoolock step)
Thanks in advance.

Any problems with recent software updates?

Thanks for the guide!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back