1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
  3. Windows Phone
  4. Other
i was looking at the galago ultrapro and was wondering if anyone out there has installed os x on this laptop and if so how did it work out?

Thanks for your time

Yeah. I've checked Laptop Compatibility list, but I couldn't find any pros and cons for this model. What I've found is that the Processor matches the requirements: 4th Generation Intel Core i7-4750HQ Processor (2.0GHz 6MB L3 Cache - 4 Cores plus Hyperthreading)
Graphics: Intel Iris Pro Graphics 5200 with 128 MB eDRAM - should fit in well too.
But it has unknown Chipset (looks like 8-series intel*), LAN card, and Wi-fi card (looks like intel*, so no use of it). Also there is an interesting option of using 2 variaties of storage: 1 x mSATA, 1 x 2.5" 9mm Removable SATA II/III

This laptop is a really good deal for $999, so if anybody had any experience in hackintoshing it - please write here some info (I'll buy you a beer for this!). Thanks.

*took this info from a driver site.

Yeah. I've checked Laptop Compatibility list, but I couldn't find any pros and cons for this model. What I've found is that the Processor matches the requirements: 4th Generation Intel Core i7-4750HQ Processor (2.0GHz 6MB L3 Cache - 4 Cores plus Hyperthreading)
Graphics: Intel Iris Pro Graphics 5200 with 128 MB eDRAM - should fit in well too.
But it has unknown Chipset (looks like 8-series intel*), LAN card, and Wi-fi card (looks like intel*, so no use of it). Also there is an interesting option of using 2 variaties of storage: 1 x mSATA, 1 x 2.5" 9mm Removable SATA II/III

This laptop is a really good deal for $999, so if anybody had any experience in hackintoshing it - please write here some info (I'll buy you a beer for this!). Thanks.

*took this info from a driver site.

Intel WiFi is not supported so it would need to be replaced.

Ethernet will depend on the specifics.

The rest should not be an issue, but as you should know from reading the Laptop Compatibility post, you won't really know until you get started.

What a pity nobody had tried Ultrapro yet :(
The specs are so much like previous macpros with iris graphics.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back