Contribute
Register

GA Z97x-ug5h-bk i4790k Yosemite install freezes at Apple logo screen .....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GA Z97X-UD5-BK (F6)
CPU
i7 4790k
Graphics
GTX 760
Hi there - could some kind person help??

i did have a working machine with Mavericks, but screwed it up trying to follow toleda's HDMI audio guide (opps)

so so now im starting again from fresh
followed the Yosemite guide - have my unibeast usb but I can't reach the install screen
ive tried -x flag nothing worked it just freezes at the apple logo after approx 10%
bios is f6, vt-d disabled, optimised settings,xmp profile set to 1

any ideas ????

thanks tony

Sorry to be a pain everyone - any ideas what I'm doing wrong??
thanks - tony

Nobody else had this problem?? Any suggestions or pointer to what I'm doing wrong would be awesome

thanks inadvance

your graphic card maybe stopping you. You can give this a shot. in the boot arg. put nv_disable=1
this will give you just basic graphics, but least then you know that your graphics driver was the problem.

Boot with -v.... what do you see going on when the error occurs? A lot of times you can google the last line or two loading and find some clues.

Thanks for the helpful suggestions :)

I'd already removed the graphics card for the installation, so don't think its that
i'll try verbose mode and let you know later this morning.

I was was wondering if it's anything to do with picking up any old Mavericks files from the ssd where Mavericks was installed? I'm booting from my bootable unibeast use and choosing the usb option at the chimera screen, but until I can get into the installer properly I can't reformat the destination ssd .....

cheers

tony

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back