GeForce GTX 570 2560 MB
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
This main board was already very tricky to work around with on Mavericks,
Yosemite seems to be even a higher challenge.

After various attempts I was able to load the installer, install 10.10 and boot from
the SSD into Yosemite. I can reach the log-in screen, but mouse and
keyboard are not active/frozen so I can't log on OR I can log in but shortly thereafter the screen/OS freezes up.

Any ideas or workaround tips are appreciated.

GA-Z97X-UD-7 TH
Intel Core i7 Haswell 4Ghz
GeForce GTX 570 HD 2560 MB

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-10-20 at 2.37.13 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-10-20 at 2.37.13 PM.png
    158.6 KB · Views: 686
  • Screen Shot 2014-10-20 at 2.37.30 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-10-20 at 2.37.30 PM.png
    152.6 KB · Views: 487
USB and Mouse can be fixed by deleting GenericUSBXCI.kext (Maybe the name is slightly different im to lazy to look it up)

I get random FREEZES myself on a GA-Z87X-UD3H. Bootloader is Chameleon because I cant get Audio working with Clover

Edit: No freezes with clover and audio is working, too (Although i did not change anything :D)

Thank you for your tip. However the KextGenericUSBXCI.kext is nowhere to be found on my Yosemite installation: System/Library/Extensions. I did find it on my 10.9 installation in the right place:System/Library/Extensions and copied it to 10.10.
in the hopes it would solve the problem. After booting into 10.10 I still encounter the same problem, the mouse and keyboard are not active, unplugging the mouse and keyboard does not solve the problem either. So the issue must be somewhere else, maybe the bios ?

This main board was already very tricky to work around with on Mavericks,
Yosemite seems to be even a higher challenge.

After various attempts I was able to load the installer, install 10.10 and boot from
the SSD into Yosemite. I can reach the log-in screen, but mouse and
keyboard are not active/frozen so I can't log on OR I can log in but shortly thereafter the screen/OS freezes up.

Any ideas or workaround tips are appreciated.

GA-Z97X-UD-7 TH
Intel Core i7 Haswell 4Ghz
GeForce GTX 570 HD 2560 MB

Exactly the same problem after i install those drivers using multibeast
Upon restart it reach the log in screen and the usb mouse and keyboard not working
Can see that other things are working as hdd blinking a little and the cursor also blink
Not sure what cause the usb to stop working

HELP!!

Update: http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-...orking-after-upgrade-yosemite.html#post891677

I guess here is the solution, will try it

I got 10.10 now running:

- Download 10.10 Yosemite via App Store onto your NON Hackintosch Mac.

- Connect your SSD/HD to your NON Hackintosh Mac via USB HD Caddy, that holds the internal HD that you want to use in your Hackintosh.

- Open OSX 10.10 installer located in your APP folder and install OS X Yosemite onto the external Hackintosh SSD/HD Caddy (reformat Disk first)

- Boot into the 10.10 Yosemite installation from your NON Hackintosh Mac, it should boot into the new installation by itself, otherwise hold Option Key while re-booting your Mac and choose the 10.10 HD. If the 10.10 HD does not show, unplug the USB cable and put it back into your MAC, this should make it show up.

- Register your Mac installation.

- Download and open Multibeast and install NON DSDT settings, if you have Graphics Card in your Hackintosh install GraphicsEnabler=Yes

- IMPORTANT ONLY USE SYSTEM DEF: Mac Pro 3.1 !!!! 4.1+5.1 will give you Kernel Panic - 6.1 will end up into a black screen with or without GraphicsEnabler after booting, not sure why

- Download Chameleon Wizard, open it and choose System Pre-made Defenition Mac Pro 3.1, Choose Edit and assign random Serial number, Save, Close

- Go to System/Library/Extensions and remove: GenericUSBXCI.kext ( On your 10.10 Hackintosh Installation)

- Open System Pref on your Mac and choose your old Startup HD, reboot and remove your Hackintosh HD

- Install your 10.10 SSD/HD into your Hackintosch and boot from it

Remarks:

- Don't use Migration Assistant for your files/app's, somehow it will mess up your settings with previous ones that don't work with 10.10 and your new installation will not work ( System Def etc.). It happened to me, so I moved selected Data (no System related files) with Carbon Copy Cloner.

- I did experience random kernel panics at start up, but will start up 100% with boot flag maxmem=4096 ( have 32GIG Ram installed)

- Could not log into iCloud & Appstore, had to install Ethernet Driver Intel/ AppleInmtelE1000e v3.0.41a with Multibeast and remove: /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/NetworkInterfaces.plist according to iMessage Fix instructions

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-10-22 at 12.50.15 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-10-22 at 12.50.15 PM.png
    117.5 KB · Views: 490
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back