Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
First time Hackintosh builder here.

GA-Z97X-UD7
i7-4790K
32GB (only 1 stick of 8gb in for install)
GeForce GTX 970 (to be added after install)

I've been crawling all over the forums, trying every combo of boot kernals I can to get to get my UniBeast USB to boot.
I keep getting stuck between "IOBluetoothController [Start]" and "Missing Bluetooth Controller Transport".
From what I've gathered, it sounds like a graphics issue, but I can't seem to find a way around it.
Tried -x, -v, GraphicsEnabler=Yes and No, maxmem=4096, maxmem=8192, PCIRootUID=0 and =1 in multiple combo's (but obviously not the right one, eh?)

Any help would be much appreciated, and pardon my Newb-ness!

Cheers!

Making a second attempt. Currently get to the logo progress bar screen (pre-installer), the bar fills ~ 1/4, then hangs. Left it alone for about 30 min, no difference (system went to standby, couldn't get a screen on wake).

Edit: Still hanging. Might it be better / make a difference to try installing with the GTX 970, and the new config.plst you posted?

Did see that one. Could never get to the install screen (hence earlier boot flag experiments).

Clover seems to hang at "DSMOS has arrived".
According to this post, seems to be a video card/graphics issue.
Should I try:
"2. Boot installer with nv_disable=1 flag, install Yosemite and then boot the system without any flag. For some reason, after Yosemite is installer, it recognizes my system even though SMBIOS is set to iMac12,1. With this method, I just need to use nv_disable=1 flag to boot installer, and I don't have to change SMBIOS productname to iMac13,2, I can leave Clover default auto-detect (iMac12,1). After installation, Yosemite boots fine without SMBIOS change and boot flag." ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back