CPU
I7 4770K
Graphics
Integrated
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
My original motherboard went kaput so I replaced it with the Z97MX. Also added an Apple WiFi card in the hopes of achieving handoff and continuity. I used a new hard drive to install the OS. Fixed Clover so I can boot from the hard drive. However, I cannot get ethernet to work.

I deleted all the ethernet related .kext and used KextBeast to add Atheros2200Ethernet.kext. Both were downloaded from this site. Rebooted and still doesn't work. Not sure what to try next. I have Wifi due to the card but prefer ethernet.

TIA

Hello,
which version of the Atheros2200Ethernet did you install? I believe it should be version v2.2.0. I would try installing using Multibeast instead of KextBeast. Delete all other attempts. I use to have this board and this is the one I installed.

That version doesn't work. Even after deleting other attempts. I'm wondering if the issue is related to the Time Machine restore I did after installing Sierra. The time machine backup was from Yosemite.

That version doesn't work. Even after deleting other attempts. I'm wondering if the issue is related to the Time Machine restore I did after installing Sierra. The time machine backup was from Yosemite.
Check your BIOS settings and make sure Ethernet is enabled.

Try ALXEthernet.kext

Last edited:
Yes, it's enabled. I have a dual boot system and ethernet is working in Windows. Also, the .kext you recommended didn't work.

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure the problem was caused when I restored from Time Machine. I reinstalled Sierra and started new. I already had my home folder on a different physical drive so it was pretty painless. Ethernet and WiFi work but I now am having another issue so off to a different forum.

I used AtherosEthernet 2.2.0

I'm pretty sure the problem was caused when I restored from Time Machine. I reinstalled Sierra and started new. I already had my home folder on a different physical drive so it was pretty painless. Ethernet and WiFi work but I now am having another issue so off to a different forum.

I used AtherosEthernet 2.2.0
Hi, so your ethernet worked with 2.2.0? the built-in version of unibeast/multibeast?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back