Gigabyte GTX 950
Mac
  1. iMac
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi,

I've just done a fresh install of El Cap on the GA Z97mx Gaming 5 motherboard with a Gigabyte GTX 950 OC Video Card, updated to 10.11.3

Installed Latest Nvidia web driver for 10.11.3 (installed).

Boot with nvda_drv=1 and get black screen and "no signal message on monitor the OS in booted and running as can here system sound etc.

Tried changing System profile to iMac 14.2 reboot - same outcome.

Read about editing kext in Problem 4 in Nvidia issues post but my profile iMac 14.2i snt mentioned.

Checked that Inject Nvidia is not included in Clover (which seems to be a common issue)

Installed with Unibeast and tonymac post install version of clover UEFI.

I'm at a loss, read through pages of problems and solutions but none seem to work on my build.

I must be not seeing something very obvious - would appreciate help in getting the GTX 950 OC working!

kind regards

Paul

What type of connection are you using to the monitor? If you're using Displayport that can cause issues depending on the settings on the monitor. I'd try HDMI first if you're not already.

Is the monitor displaying anything when you first power on (Gigabyte logo) and can you get in to the BIOS and see that?

Same issue here, did you find a solution?

hi I'm using HDMI.

I redid the system definition as imac 14.2 using clover configurator rebooted and it worked.

Got web driver working, but after a few reboots black screen has returned :oops:!

at least know it can work!

kind regards

paul

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back