GA-Z97-HD3 SL Installation stops not loading Airport menuExtra failure

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabye GA-Z97-HD3
CPU
Intel Core I3 4330 3,5 GHZ
Graphics
Intel HD Graphics 4600 with Yosemite, upgrade to Catalina in progress using NVIDIA Quadro K600
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi everyone

I am very new in the hackintosh world, so my apologies if this would sound obvious or stupid to you

I am trying to install Snow Leopard 10.6.1 , using an Iboot Haswell CD.
If this works, I will update progressively to the latest version Yosemite

as hardware config, I tried to pick most items from the Dec 2014 recommended list :

Gigabyte GA Z97 HD3
Intel core i3 4330 Haswell
wireless card TPLINK TL-WDN 4800 PCI Express
RAM 8Go Kingston Hyperx fury
SDD Samsung 840 EVO 250 GB

the MAC DVD starts, ask for choosing the language, then the installation stops, then I get a message :

MAC OS X can't be installed on that computer, and ask for a restoration disk or for restarting

looking in the installation log :
Installation checks failed
Failure : Not loading Airport MenuExtra because this machine does not have wireless networking available

If run the MAC OS X hardware check, under the PCI section I have the message "this computer does not appear to have PCI cards installed

1/ I first try to change my old PCI wireless card with the PCI express recommended above, but no change

I have installed an Ubuntu 14 on the SDD HD to confirm, the PCI and the PCIExpress buses are operating well on the main board. I have access to the network with both of my wireless cards (old PCI and new PCIe)

I am currently suspecting the MAC OS X DVD, I borrowed 2 grey DVDs to a friend who has an IMAC,
as I planned to buy only the latest version. SL is just a transit version. can this SL DVD be different from the one that can be bought separately on the Apple store ?

has anyone any idea on to fix this problem ?

many thanks for your assistance
;)

I am currently suspecting the MAC OS X DVD, I borrowed 2 grey DVDs to a friend who has an IMAC,
as I planned to buy only the latest version. SL is just a transit version. can this SL DVD be different from the one that can be bought separately on the Apple store ?

The grey DVDs are restore disks that only work with that model of iMac. You will need to use the Retail DVD from Apple or make your UniBeast drive on your friend iMac. You should be able to download Yosemite by creating your own account at the Mac App Store if your friend iMac will support Yosemite.
http://www.tonymacx86.com/building-customac-buyers-guide-december-2014.html#Operating_Systems

The grey DVDs are restore disks that only work with that model of iMac. You will need to use the Retail DVD from Apple or make your UniBeast drive on your friend iMac. You should be able to download Yosemite by creating your own account at the Mac App Store if your friend iMac will support Yosemite.
http://www.tonymacx86.com/building-customac-buyers-guide-december-2014.html#Operating_Systems

thanks effectively, this explains things. I also understood from the tutos on this site that I had to install Snow Leopard first before being able to install more recent versions like yosemite, do you confirm ?

thanks again

thanks effectively, this explains things. I also understood from the tutos on this site that I had to install Snow Leopard first before being able to install more recent versions like yosemite, do you confirm ?

thanks again

If you have access to a machine that you can create your Installation USB drive using UniBeast and Yosemite then you can skip the Snow Leopard section. The Snow Leopard section is for new users that do not have access to a compuer to create this install media. Snow Leopard, once updated to 10.6.8 will allow users access to the Mac App Store and then let them download the latest OS X version on their own hardware.

Just follow the 10.10 Installation guide if you are able to use a friend Mac for you USB Installer.

Thanks Adrian , I missed that

Hi

the installation using the retail DVD worked pretty well, I am now continuing with the recommended upgrade of the version.

2 new questions related to the current situation

1- in the mac os system information menu, PCI port and boards (incl. PCIe TL-WDN4800 wireless card) are not recognized. system says : no PCI board connected
could that be fixed afterwards with Multibeast ?
I guess it is not a BIOS issue as the wireless card works well with Ubuntu through the current BIOS settings

2- can the PC boot directly on the mac OS X drive, without the iboot CD ? it seems the HD partition mac os is not bootable.

many thanks, I am very happy to be already at this stage indeed !

Hi

the installation using the retail DVD worked pretty well, I am now continuing with the recommended upgrade of the version.

2 new questions related to the current situation

1- in the mac os system information menu, PCI port and boards (incl. PCIe TL-WDN4800 wireless card) are not recognized. system says : no PCI board connected
could that be fixed afterwards with Multibeast ?
I guess it is not a BIOS issue as the wireless card works well with Ubuntu through the current BIOS settings

2- can the PC boot directly on the mac OS X drive, without the iboot CD ? it seems the HD partition mac os is not bootable.

many thanks, I am very happy to be already at this stage indeed !
1 Look under ethernet cards for the PCIe wireless.

2. Once you have installed Yosemite and run MultiBeast to install Chimera, or installed Clover, you can boot directly from the HDD/SSD. iBoot Haswell is only needed for booting 10.6.x. Use the UniBeast USB you create to boot Yosemite until you install a boot loader - either Chimera, Chimera or Clover - your choice.

Hi

thanks for all the recommendations given so far,

after a number of steps, I have installed yosemite, boot and ePCI wifi are working fine now as everything else, performances are good with 8GB RAM, running a mac system on a PC is really amazing :thumbup:

I have still a last issue, PCI boards are not recognized at all in system information , eg. my PCI sound blaster audigy 2. I bought this particular Gigabyte mother board as it handles ''old'' PCI ports

I get a message in system info :
This computer doesn't contain any PCI cards or devices. If you installed or connected, a PCI card or device, make sure they’re properly installed. and it is

this is a detail indeed as the rest is really working well, if anyone has an idea, anything available in unibeast to fix this ?

thanks
christian

Hi

thanks for all the recommendations given so far,

after a number of steps, I have installed yosemite, boot and ePCI wifi are working fine now as everything else, performances are good with 8GB RAM, running a mac system on a PC is really amazing :thumbup:

I have still a last issue, PCI boards are not recognized at all in system information , eg. my PCI sound blaster audigy 2. I bought this particular Gigabyte mother board as it handles ''old'' PCI ports

I get a message in system info :
This computer doesn't contain any PCI cards or devices. If you installed or connected, a PCI card or device, make sure they’re properly installed. and it is

this is a detail indeed as the rest is really working well, if anyone has an idea, anything available in unibeast to fix this ?

thanks
christian
It will not recognize the PCI card if there is no driver for it.
http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/to...y-audigy2-emu10kx-edsps-osx-driver-info-here/ is where there was a link to a driver - might still be live, might not. Been a while since I looked, but it gives you a place to start and maybe some key words for a google search.

[success] GA-Z97-HD3 SL Installation stops not loading Airport menuExtra failure

thanks for the link, this driver makes effectively the sound board working, even if system information panel still do not see any PCI board conneted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back