Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello,
I hope this will be useful for others with this hardware and someone may be can help me...

Summary - GA-Z87X-UD5 TH, Yosemite 10.10, problems with networking...
This system was working perfectly fine on Mavericks, but with 10.10 I have lots of problems. I am running DSTD free with Chimera from MultiBeast 7.1. System definition is iMac 14,1.

Summary of networking hardware:
This motherboard has "Intel" 1Gb NIC (not sure which) and card for Wifi and bluetooth, which is AzureWave AW-CE123H, which is BCM94352 HMB

ID for Z87X-UD5-TH wifi card Vendor : 14e4, Device 43b1
Bluetooth Vendor 13d3 Device 3404

On Mavericks I installed from Multibeast AppleIntelE1000e.kext (do not remember which version) and for wifi/BT I patched above Vendor IDs and Device IDs into Apple kexts and all worked perfectly fine. Done in few minutes and with little experience.

Yosemite OSX 10.10.1:
1. NIC - Intel NIC - works with every MultiBeast AppleIntelE1000e.kext version - BUT with every one is kind of slower then expected AND looses connection after large amount of data is sent/received. This computer is using four network cable TV receivers for eyeTV and 40-100Gb per day in recordings is common for it to receive. Recently it got so bad, that I had to reboot computer every day or two. Network hang - lost IP number on IPv4 - after about 60-80 Gb received. This seemed to be related to both volume of data and some type of network communication attempted by some software. But mostly the volume of data transferred.
After lots of googling, I recently found:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/multibeast-bug-reports/139013-multibeast-6-4-1-appleintele1000e-kext-v3-1-0-bug-fix.html
and after fixing the plist in the AppleIntelE1000e.kext my ethernet speed went up at least by factor of 3 to my NAS (even compared to speeds I was getting on Mavericks). I need to wait for few days to make sure this problem with large data volumes is really fixed, but the error messages mentioned in the above post are gone from my console.

2. Wifi/Bluetooth
2a. I can get reliably wifi working, using
airport_kext_enabler/bcm4352.kext.zip (https://github.com/toleda/wireless_half-mini) and with the patch wireless_bcm94352-100_patch.command.zip it works also on 5GHz reporting 300Mps speed, which is less then expected but perfectly fine for me (I use ethernet due to the TV receivers anyway).

2b. I _cannot_ get by any means the BT working on this system. I tried everything I could find on https://github.com/toleda/wireless_half-mini and nothing works. Based on this: http://www.tonymacx86.com/network/143988-ud5-th-wifi-yosemite.html it should be already working after installing bcm4352.kext, but it is not... Confusion.

I get by with USB dongle, but this is major puzzle.
If anyone got the Bluetooth working on this motherboard, can you, please, give me step by step instructions? I think I am lost on this issue.

I'll post update after extensive testing:

1. NIC - with the patched kext AppleIntele1000e as explained here:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/multibeast-bug-reports/139013-multibeast-6-4-1-appleintele1000e-kext-v3-1-0-bug-fix.html
the speeds through ethernet are over 50Mb/s to my NAS server (4 raided drives). Previously it was about 10-15Mb/s (even on Mavericks). And I have not seen any hanging of the connection, even when I transferred 200Gb+ during few days. I believe the network connection problem is solved.
:)

2. WIFI - it was working as explained above, but I just installed ac server (Airport extreme) and now it reports 1Gb speed connection. Need to test throughput at convenient time, but I am impressed that this seems to work all the way to ac standard. I was expecting at best n standard...

3. No progress on Bluetooth, if anyone has actually tested, working, procedure how to get this
AzureWave AW-CE123H (BCM94352 HMB
, Bluetooth Vendor 13d3 Device 3404) working, can you reply to this post, please? I wasted yet another 3-4 hours on trying to follow various methods in Tolleda's guide and nothing gets the Bluetooth seen by the OS. It just like if it does not exist.

Thanks

Update 2:

Finally the Bluetooth is working. Reminder:

AzureWave AW-CE123H, which is BCM94352 HMB

ID for Z87X-UD5-TH
Bluetooth Vendor 13d3 Device 3404
tools are listed here:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/network/104850-guide-airport-pcie-half-mini-v2.html

Got it running with:
1. Modified bcm4352.kext from Toleda. This kext enables both wifi and BT on this card - but with this kext I could not get the BT running. Toleda provides BT version only, but not wifi version only... Not sure why I had to do it, may be conflict with the : BCM94352 BT4 (10.10 and newer, 10.9 and newer)" solution from the above linked guide?
Anyway, I modified the Bluetooth value in the plist in the bcm4352.kext - I changed the Device ID for BT device to something else - so it will only recognize the wifi hardware. My wifi did not exist without this kext, so I could not remove it.

2. I followed then the BCM94352 BT4 (10.10 and newer, 10.9 and newer) from the above guide, which basically is as simple as :
check you have original IOBluetoothFamily.kext from Apple
add BTFirmwareUploader.kext
rebuild cache and restart.

Later edit: Bluetooth seems to work properly ONLY after cold start. Soft restart and BT does not connect to any device I have. May be someone has some idea why?

In summary:
GA-Z87X-UD5TH :
1. working ethernet with 1Gb speed and no "hanging ethernet/slow speed" issues (50Mb/s to/from my NAS)
2. working wifi with ac speed (1Gb, Airport extreme latest version)
3. some problems with BT. Generally works now, but one needs to keep in mind to do hard shutdown/reboot...

Hopefully this make all sense if you need to reproduce.

Thanks for sharing your steps. I am using the same motherboard and also had bluetooth working pre-Mavericks. Thanks to following your steps, I now have BT working and even 5GHz wifi which never worked before.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back