Contribute
Register

GA-Z87X-UD5 TH system freezes randomly - Please Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Aorus z390 Ultra
CPU
i9-9900
Graphics
1080ti
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
I'm Running 10.9.5 with

Gigabyte GA-Z87X-UD5 TH
i7-4770K 32GB ram
VGA GTX 760
Corsair Vengeance 32GB (4x8GB) DDR3 1600 MHz (PC3 12800)

I built this system back in February of this year mainly for video editing. I've been using it through the season with freezes nearly every day, up to 3 times a day. Not good when I'm exporting a 4hr video timeline!

I have researched and have been unable to find a solution. There seem to be many reasons for this out there, but I'm hoping at this point someone has a solution.

Below is my current build.

Screen Shot 2014-10-21 at 4.24.58 PM.png

THANK YOU, THANK YOU!

Simply: Use Clover and you will solve EVERY problem at all!

I'm Running 10.9.5 with

Gigabyte GA-Z87X-UD5 TH
i7-4770K 32GB ram
VGA GTX 760
Corsair Vengeance 32GB (4x8GB) DDR3 1600 MHz (PC3 12800)

I built this system back in February of this year mainly for video editing. I've been using it through the season with freezes nearly every day, up to 3 times a day. Not good when I'm exporting a 4hr video timeline!

I have researched and have been unable to find a solution. There seem to be many reasons for this out there, but I'm hoping at this point someone has a solution.

Below is my current build.

View attachment 117662

THANK YOU, THANK YOU!

I have a system with a Z87X-UD3H and same cpu and also 760GTX which had daily random freezes in the beginning.

My first mistake was I had included GenericUSBXHCI kext - it was not needed.

When I removed that I got a freeze a week - then I put my RAM at 1600 MHz instead of 1366, and since then no more freezes. (I had read downclocking the RAM could solve freezes.... other way around also I guess).

You have 32 GB - have you tried with 16 GB?

-peter

I have a system with a Z87X-UD3H and same cpu and also 760GTX which had daily random freezes in the beginning.

My first mistake was I had included GenericUSBXHCI kext - it was not needed.

When I removed that I got a freeze a week - then I put my RAM at 1600 MHz instead of 1366, and since then no more freezes. (I had read downclocking the RAM could solve freezes.... other way around also I guess).

You have 32 GB - have you tried with 16 GB?

-peter

Peter - I have, 8, 16 & 32 all have the same freeze issues. Best way to put RAM at 1366? Assuming via BIOS?

Thank you for the help.

Peter - I have, 8, 16 & 32 all have the same freeze issues. Best way to put RAM at 1366? Assuming via BIOS?

Thank you for the help.

I've a GA-Z87X-UD3H and had always freezes with bios version later than F9. Than the freezes began again as I installed a HDD. So, I decided to install Clover and also with the last bios version (F10 Mod by me) I had no freezes at all and iMessage works also.

Just try Clover and if it doesn't work you can uninstall ist. I installed Clover just over Chameleon using the tonymac guide.

@RallyVermont: yes, via the BIOS - I had XMP memory profile disabled first, when I enabled it (profile #1 I think), the speed went to 1600 and no more freezes. The opposite should also work...

@Hemon: OK, I have BIOS F7. I tried the USB-Stick-Try-Clover thingy (that worked) but I'm weary to change a working Chimera system to Clover (I don't really understand the bootprocess :))

-peter

@RallyVermont: yes, via the BIOS - I had XMP memory profile disabled first, when I enabled it (profile #1 I think), the speed went to 1600 and no more freezes. The opposite should also work...

@Hemon: OK, I have BIOS F7. I tried the USB-Stick-Try-Clover thingy (that worked) but I'm weary to change a working Chimera system to Clover (I don't really understand the bootprocess :))

-peter

I wanted to stay with Chimera too, but now I thing that Clover is really better --> much more stable!

Just follow the guide of tony and everything will work!

I wanted to stay with Chimera too, but now I thing that Clover is really better --> much more stable!

Just follow the guide of tony and everything will work!

Thank you guys. I'll give the clover guide and install a try! I'll follow back up hopefully with good news :)

I had random freezes using Clover and Mt Lion. The problem went away if I booted with no caches. After I upgraded to Yosemite, the freezing issue went away and no caches was no longer needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back