Contribute
Register

GA-Z87X-UD5 TH or GA-Z87X-UD7 TH

Status
Not open for further replies.
Being that the 2013 macbook pro retina already uses the DSL5520 thunderbolt 2 controller, I doubt the release of the new mac pro will bring any sort of change. However, the user cdrhoek claims he got tbolt working on his Asrock Extreme 9/AC - which I believe also has the DSL4510 controller.

We must be missing something in the kexts, bios, initial installation settings, or something...

Being that the 2013 macbook pro retina already uses the DSL5520 thunderbolt 2 controller, I doubt the release of the new mac pro will bring any sort of change. However, the user cdrhoek claims he got tbolt working on his Asrock Extreme 9/AC - which I believe also has the DSL4510 controller.

We must be missing something in the kexts, bios, initial installation settings, or something...

That is good news on both of the things you said. Z87X-UD7 TH uses DSL5520 so I guess it should work sooner or later and now we know both Asrock Extreme 9/AC and Z87X-UD5 TH share the same Thunderbolt controller. Considering there is a user that claims that his UD5 TH detect something has been attatched to his Thunderbolt connector when connecting a Thunderbolt Display though not working, we are totally missing something, but its positive because it can likely be fixed.

Hopefully they will update soon! I would like to buy Apple LED 27 inch thunderbolt. I need this one to work.

thunderbolt doesn't works...sniff

So there is still no thunderbolt (2) working on a GA z87x ud5 /ud7
Is it 100% certain that it will work in the nearby future? (I can buy the ud7-th cheap , but it's probably gone soon)

Many have been successful by installing Windows and enabling the thunderbolt drivers. After enabling thunderbolt in windows, thunderbolt appears to work in OSX.

Thunderbolt don't work for the moment, wifi and bluetooth not natively. A lot of characteristic are similar with the new Mac Pro, i hope OSX 10.9.1 and new mac pro will make more easy the installation.

The card for Wifi and bluetooth is AzureWave AW-CE123H

Kangaroos thanks for explaining this to us. It's working now, however I was wondering what speeds do you get?
I've the 450Mbps TPLink adapter and via menumeters I can see that it is actually connected at 450Mbps with my airport extreme (ac edition). The internal card is only connected at 144Mbps, but this is an ac equipped card, so I would expect it to connect at a much higher speed.
Any suggestions?
Regards,
Simania

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-01-19 at 18.37.49.png
    Screen Shot 2014-01-19 at 18.37.49.png
    125.9 KB · Views: 347
Thunderbolt don't work for the moment, wifi and bluetooth not natively. A lot of characteristic are similar with the new Mac Pro, i hope OSX 10.9.1 and new mac pro will make more easy the installation..... .

I will make a real post when i will have time and when the majority of the card functionality will be OK.

@kangaroos
Could you please give an update? Is everything working now? (perhaps (a link to the )tutorial/ guide?

I would also like to bump this thread in an effort to get updated info on wifi-blutetooth with the mobo's included card..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back