ATI 7550
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Apple
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello all, I'm planning a build with the maybe one day released GA-Z87X-UD5 TH motherboard. Please hurry up and get to market already!

Any who; is there anyone else planning a build on either of these boards? My build is going to be for photography and video editing.

So far I have the following waiting in their boxes:

Sandisk Extreme 480GB SSD - OS drive

Mercury Electra™ 6G SSD 120GB - Cache Drive

WD 4TB Performance Drive - Data Drive

Case Thinking of getting an Fractal Design Define R4 Cases, Titanium grey (FD-CA-DEF-R4-TI)

And a bunch of other bits recycled my my current build. Mouse, BlueRay Disk Drive, keyboard etc...

I'd love to hear what others are planning.

C...

Yeah, same over here. Waiting for the UD5H TH to be finally released. Have a couple of Thunderbolt devices, so def. necessary.
Also need it for video editing.

I have the same tower, a Seagate Barracuda XT 2GB as Desktop/User/Working-Drive and a Angelbird AvPro 256 GB SSD as system drive.
Corsair Vengeance LP 32 GB ram.
Corsair TX650 PSU.
3 x 4GB Seagate Barracuda which will work in RAID 5.
Intel 4770K CPU.
TP-Link W-Lan Adapter.
Don't know about the graphic card right now. Will put an old GTX-285 for the beginning, but may then switch to a quadro 4000 if I catch one at a low price.

So, yeah, it's all there and waiting. Besides that ... motherboard.

I'm afraid you are SOL on the TB until apple releases a kext for the Intel® DSL4510 chip. It is not included in mavericks apparently.

Hello, I have just build yesterday my new Mac.

GA-Z87X-UD5 TH
i7-4770
32Go RAM
Gigabyte R9 280x

For the moment it is stable and very easy to make working.

Kext are need for LAN (i217), audio (ALC898), integrated Wifi and bluetooth work.

Only 2 problem :
- When I enable HD4600 system don't boot, i will check that next day
- Thunderbolt is not detected (DSL4510). Don't need for the moment but if it can work it's better.

I will make tuto when have some time, i need finish some work with my new computer ;)

I'm thinking about getting Z87X-UD7 TH when it's released sometime this month or the next one. Think it will be similar to the UD5 TH to make work, ¿Am I right in this?

Though Gigabyte motherboards where known not to need kexts or DSDTs (not an expert in any of this, just started researching for my first build ever 2 months ago), in any case, even if this is the situation now, ¿Is it possible this is not the case in the future?

Like that the integrated wifi ac and bluetooth work out of the box :)
Lets hope soth changes soon with the Mac Pro release in reference to Thunderbolt controllers.

Thunderbolt don't work for the moment, wifi and bluetooth not natively. A lot of characteristic are similar with the new Mac Pro, i hope OSX 10.9.1 and new mac pro will make more easy the installation.

The card for Wifi and bluetooth is AzureWave AW-CE123H

Anyway for the moment wifi only kext to edit :
1. Backup S/L/E/IO80211Family.kext

2. Copy S/L/E/IO80211Family.kext to Desktop

3. Property List Editor/Open/Desktop/IO80211Family.kext/Contents/Plugins/ AirPortBrcm4360.kext/Contents/Info.plist

4. Open IOKitPersonalities

5. Open Broadcom 802.11 PCI

6. Open IONameMatch

7. find: <string>pci14e4,43a0</string> Native

8. add: <string>pci14e4,4353</string> For BCM943224 HMS

9. add: <string>pci14e4,4357</string> For BCM943225 HMB
or
add: <string>pci14e4,43b1</string> For BCM94352 HMB

10. Save

11. Run kext installer

ID for Z87X-UD5TH wifi card Vendor : 14e4, Device 43b1

Source for the manipulation : http://www.tonymacx86.com/network/104850-guide-airport-pcie-half-mini-v2.html

Bluetooth : same source for the manipulation

Bluetooth Vendor 13d3 Device 3404
Conversion for use in the kext because it is decimal value and not hexadecimal.
Vendor 13d3 —> 5075
Device 3404 —> 13316

1. Backup S/L/E/IOBluetoothFamily.kext

2. Copy S/L/E/IOBluetoothFamily.kext to Desktop

3, Property List Editor/Open/Desktop/IOBluetoothFamily/Contents/Plugins/ BroadcomBluetoothHostControllerUSBTransport/Contents/Info.plist

4. Open IOKitPersonalities

5. Open BroadcomUSBBluetoothHCIController - MediaLink BT4.0 Adapter
6. Change the id for vendor and device

At this point the card is detected but no pairing, the card don't see your device.

I have find here we need to inject firmware in RAM for it work : http://forum.osxlatitude.com/index.php?/topic/2925-bluetooth-firmware-uploader/
Download BTfirmwareuploader.kext 1.5 and install it.

after that you can pair your device but with my magic mouse i have some reset of the mouse in some particular conditions so it's not perfect.

I will make a real post when i will have time and when the majority of the card functionality will be OK.

Thanks Kangaroos

I'll try your method.
best regards.

An idea for Thunderbolt problem ?

Not really, only hope the DSL4510 chip on our motherboard is in the same family of the new chip will come with Mac Pro 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back