Contribute
Register

GA-Z87X-UD5 TH - iCloud, Bluetooth, App Store, iMessage, Misc - Help Needed

Status
Not open for further replies.
May I ask how you got your bluetooth working? I've tried installing the dual kext and/or just the bluetooth kext, and while the WiFi always works, the bluetooth never does; just the icon with a squiggly line across it in the menu bar.

I am using the same motherboard.

For Wifi/Bluetooth Card that comes with UD5-TH you need to go to https://github.com/toleda/wireless_half-mini and download zip (look on the right). Unzip it and the go to airport_kext_enabler/bcm4352.kext.zip and unzip that kext and install it with kextbeast. That will install BOTH Wifi and Bluetooth. To install ONLY Bluetooth use the bcm4352bt.kext

How have you made ALC898 work? I have tried a million times. I even started installing VoodooHDA and I always end up freezing and having to reinstall Yosemite again. It just work for you or did you apply some sort of fix?

Hmmm...

That is the method I used on Mavericks and on Yosemite. Bluetooth seems to work on Yosemite, and by that I mean it shows up in the system profile and says it is working. However, when ever I try to use Airdrop, it simply does nothing. It doesn't seem to want to discover them either.

Under the system profile it says that it doesn't support "Continuity" or something, so I'm not even sure this Bluetooth has that ability.

I see you got the sound working lower down, but ya, I'll I did was install the ALC898 in Multibeast and it worked. That said...I only use a G930 USB Gaming Headset, so I have no idea if the actual sound ports work.

Are you doing a clean install? If you are, before you use multibeast make sure you sign into everything. Everything should login. Check everything out. If everything is working just use:

Drivers > Audio > Realtek ALCxxx > ALC898
Drivers > Disk > 3rd Party SATA
Drivers > Disk > TRIM Enabler > 10.10.0 TRIM Patch
Bootloaders > Chimera v4.0.0
Customize > System Definitions > Mac Pro > Mac Pro 3,1
Customize > Themes > tonymacx86 Black

If you have any problems you can always boot back into with your thumb drive and add more drivers later. I think that may be all you need. The problem is the verification process Apple i using and the simulated SSN are not compatible. If it is working out the box, prior to Multibeast, do not break it by using Multibeast. Let me know if this works out. I have been playing with it all day and this worked for me, but honestly I cannot tell you exactly if my theory is why it is working.

Hmmm....

Ya, I did a clean install on a brand new SSD. I didn't try logging into anything before using Multibeast, but everything (sans iMessage) worked in Mavericks, and I was basically using the same profile.

I do remember having to set something up to get it to work, but my notes have instructions to get iCloud working by using a program called EFI Studio, and adding <key>device-properties</key> along with the hex number generated by the program.

It never did fix iMessage, but I remember it fixing iCloud. I did it this time, but the first step was to remove the Ethernet from Network Preferences, but once I deleted it...it never had the option to re-add it.

I finally got into App Store by adding the Intel network driver "AppleintelE1000e v3.1.0." Originally, my Wifi card would only connect and see the one network that's my home network (I usually see about 10 WiFi networks around me). After installing that driver, I see them all again and I can get into App Store. My issue now is iMessage doesn't work so I was gonna try some of the methods in that Fix iMessage thread. Airdrop also doesn't work for me with my iPhone, but not sure if it's supposed to (I thought Yosemite allows you to Airdrop between iOS devices and OS X).

Also, my USB 3.0 ports on my mobo don't work...

Interesting. I have been having issues because I use a Rosewill Wireless PCI card as my main WiFi. It actually works out of the box, but I still can't connect to the App Store, iTunes, iMessage, or iCloud.

Are you doing a clean install? If you are, before you use multibeast make sure you sign into everything. Everything should login. Check everything out. If everything is working just use:

Drivers > Audio > Realtek ALCxxx > ALC898
Drivers > Disk > 3rd Party SATA
Drivers > Disk > TRIM Enabler > 10.10.0 TRIM Patch
Bootloaders > Chimera v4.0.0
Customize > System Definitions > Mac Pro > Mac Pro 3,1
Customize > Themes > tonymacx86 Black

If you have any problems you can always boot back into with your thumb drive and add more drivers later. I think that may be all you need. The problem is the verification process Apple i using and the simulated SSN are not compatible. If it is working out the box, prior to Multibeast, do not break it by using Multibeast. Let me know if this works out. I have been playing with it all day and this worked for me, but honestly I cannot tell you exactly if my theory is why it is working.

Well done!

ok, so I started from scratch, and as you said, less is more.

I was able to log into iCloud, App Store. I installed the bare minimum multibeast settings, and I am now restarting.

And.........(wow, this is taking a long time)

It appears to have frozen twice, about half way through the progress bar.....had to restart.

Not loading....

Ok, so I started again from scratch. This time however I signed into iCloud before doing anything else, and then used the same Multibeast settings as before.

....and.... it works! At least it seems to.

Good call on the solution! Now all I need to figure out is whether it is worth getting Bluetooth working (does it support AirDrop/Continuity) or should I go with a dongle of some sort and just leave the Bluetooth disabled?

I also need to get iMessage working, but it seems quite a few are having issues with that.

Ok...

So after setting everything else up, I decided to tackle this Bluetooth fiasco.

Using the following technique, I set up the BT on the motherboard.

After repairing permissions and rebooting, the BT seems to be working on the surface.

Here are the results from System Profile:

Apple Bluetooth Software Version:4.3.0f10 14890 Hardware, Features, and Settings:
Name: Death Star
Address: 24-0
Bluetooth Low Energy Supported: Yes
Handoff Supported: No
Instant Hotspot Supported: No
Manufacturer: Broadcom
Transport: USB
Chipset: 20702A3
Firmware Version: v14 c5575
Bluetooth Power: On
Discoverable: On
Connectable: Yes
Auto Seek Pointing: Off
Remote wake: On
Vendor ID: 0x13D3
Product ID: 0x3404
HCI Version: 0x6
HCI Revision: 0x15C7
LMP Version: 0x6
LMP Subversion: 0x220E
Device Type (Major): Computer
Device Type (Complete): Mac Desktop
Composite Class Of Device: 0x380104
Device Class (Major): 0x01
Device Class (Minor): 0x01
Service Class: 0x1C0
Auto Seek Keyboard: Off
Services:
Bluetooth File Transfer:
When receiving items: Accept all without warning
State: Enabled
Bluetooth File Exchange:
Folder for accepted items: ~/Downloads
When other items are accepted: Save to location
When receiving items: Accept all without warning
State: Enabled
Bluetooth Internet Sharing:
State: Disabled
Incoming Serial Ports:
Bluetooth-Incoming-Port:
RFCOMM Channel: 3
Requires Authentication: No
Outgoing Serial Ports:
Bluetooth-Modem:
Address:
RFCOMM Channel: 0
Requires Authentication: No

The problem is that it actually doesn't seem to work at all. It won't pair with my iPhone 6/iPad Air. AirDrop doesn't see the iOS devices at all, and the option to turn on Handoff is not in the Settings menu.

In the Network Settings, the Bluetooth PAN is not connected, and has no DHCP.

I turned on Bluetooth sharing, but it had no affect.

It appears that Handoff isn't supported, but you would think that at least Airdrop would be? Anyone have any ideas?

*UPDATE

I just tried pairing my girlfriends Apple Wireless Keyboard and it actually shows up...so it is working in some way at least. Very confusing.

*UPDATE 2

Ok...so out of desperation I put my iPhone and iPad right next to the BT antenna...low and behold they were able to pair. However, despite saying they're connected (they won't stay connected to each other however, but are working with AirDrop/Handoff), they aren't showing up in OS X for Airdrop, or Handoff.

The iPhone 6 is also connecting, but instantly disconnects from OS X.

There is still no Handoff option in Settings. :/

Bluetooth still not working.

I've got my GA-Z87X-UD5 TH with Yosemite, iCloud, App Store, and iMessage working. What have you done to get the bluetooth to work. I'm stuck with Squiggly.

To solve the problem with apple store, try deleting the file /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/NetworkInterfaces.plist
then have to reboto.
go back to System Preferences - Network and add (Ethernet first, then Wi-Fi if you have it) network interfaces

he purpose of this task is that the Ethernet Adapter has the name Unix en0 and en1 no

Following the instructions on this thread, I did a fresh install of Yosemite and got everything working (except logging into iMessage and didn't try bluetooth). After three days of being very stable it suddenly changed and when I try to boot my computer I get stuck on a white screen.

I read somewhere that it is typically a graphics issue when it gets stuck like this. I tried installing the drivers from Nvidia, but the problem is persistent. I can log in safe mode.

I decided to just start over and reinstalled Yosemite again. Same thing happened. I had a stable system for about 3 days. In that time, I didn't do any updates from the app store or make any changes.

Any thoughts on what may cause this and how I can fix it?

I have a NVIDIA GeForce GTX 770, GA-Z87X-UD TH, 32 GB Ram.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back