Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ASUS Z97-A
CPU
i5-4460
Graphics
GT 740
Created a USB stick using Unibeast, Selected El Capitan, UEFI Boot, Nvidia drivers (for GeForce9800.)
Created successfully...
Reboot while pressing F12, and my boot options were Mac OS X, and 16gb Name of flash drive. NO "USB" option (I named it USB in Disk Utility as per instructions)
When I try to boot into either option (Mac OS X, or 16gb Name, I immediately get the
'Reboot and Select proper Boot device' error.
That's as far as I get. Tried every option in the bios to get Clover mounted, but I'm having no luck.
Any fellow sufferers out there have any solutions?

Thanks

I've got the same problem. I think Unibeast is not ready for 10.11.6 yet.
Try creating your USB with Disk Maker and install Clover manually then.
This should create a bootable stick then :)
Good luck!!!!

Joshi

I've got the same problem. I think Unibeast is not ready for 10.11.6 yet.
Try creating your USB with Disk Maker and install Clover manually then.
This should create a bootable stick then :)
Good luck!!!!

Joshi
Have you tried that with any success??

Created a USB stick using Unibeast, Selected El Capitan, UEFI Boot, Nvidia drivers (for GeForce9800.)
Created successfully...
Reboot while pressing F12, and my boot options were Mac OS X, and 16gb Name of flash drive. NO "USB" option (I named it USB in Disk Utility as per instructions)
When I try to boot into either option (Mac OS X, or 16gb Name, I immediately get the
'Reboot and Select proper Boot device' error.
That's as far as I get. Tried every option in the bios to get Clover mounted, but I'm having no luck.
Any fellow sufferers out there have any solutions?

Thanks
Guys, the problems I've had while trying to get El Capitan installed and bootable on my former Show Leopard Custom Beast System may help you some but be aware I still have issues. It took me about three restarts before could get El Capitan update installed on the Snow Leopard HDD. Now the only way I can reach El Capitan is to boot from the USB drive. My GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 motherboard is pre UEFI. I have not yet tried updating the BIOS to get to UEFI but it appears your motherboards have UEFI already. When I got to Clover the first time I wasn't aware of UEFI and EFI yet so I went with the UEFI - probably a mistake. Going through the installation process the second time resulted in El Capitan being installed but having no audio and having no ability to play online videos.
That was before running Multibeast which I did yesterday. I did it using these options Legacy Boot Mode, Realtek ALCxxx>ALC889, 3rd Part SATA, FakeSMC v6.18-313-g672f31c.1707, FakeSMC Plugins v6.18-313-g672f31c.1707, FakeSMC HWMonitor Application v6.18-313-g672f31c.1707, RealtekRTL8111 v2.0.0, 3rd Part USB 3.0, Clover v2.3k r3423 Legacy Boot Mode, Mac Pro 3.1.
Well things got interesting. How when I try to boot, I get:
1) the Apple Logo but the O.S. won't load. So when I use the USB to boot the system, no problem but I get there but;
2) still have no audio but I can now play online videos.
In researching these I see some things that I don't have the solutions for yet.
They are:
1) Booting the system cleanly without the USB drive method
2) In my Sound/Audio it shows no output device and no input device. Any thoughts?
3) I still show the Custom Beast #2 from Snow Leopard as being there but I am reluctant to remove it right now. Any thoughts?
4) In my Extra library it seems to have my old DSDT.aml file.
5) In my Extra library it seems to have my old org.Chameleon.Boot.plist
6) In my Extra library it seems to have my old DSDT.aml file.

I am going to do some more research here on TonyMac today and hope to resolve the above issues. If I find anything helpful, I will try to post here for you. If you find anything helpful, please do the same.

Just tried using DiskMakerX to create the disk... Same results. This is very deflating...=[

Guys, the problems I've had while trying to get El Capitan installed and bootable on my former Show Leopard Custom Beast System may help you some but be aware I still have issues. It took me about three restarts before could get El Capitan update installed on the Snow Leopard HDD. Now the only way I can reach El Capitan is to boot from the USB drive. My GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 motherboard is pre UEFI. I have not yet tried updating the BIOS to get to UEFI but it appears your motherboards have UEFI already. When I got to Clover the first time I wasn't aware of UEFI and EFI yet so I went with the UEFI - probably a mistake. Going through the installation process the second time resulted in El Capitan being installed but having no audio and having no ability to play online videos.
That was before running Multibeast which I did yesterday. I did it using these options Legacy Boot Mode, Realtek ALCxxx>ALC889, 3rd Part SATA, FakeSMC v6.18-313-g672f31c.1707, FakeSMC Plugins v6.18-313-g672f31c.1707, FakeSMC HWMonitor Application v6.18-313-g672f31c.1707, RealtekRTL8111 v2.0.0, 3rd Part USB 3.0, Clover v2.3k r3423 Legacy Boot Mode, Mac Pro 3.1.
Well things got interesting. How when I try to boot, I get:
1) the Apple Logo but the O.S. won't load. So when I use the USB to boot the system, no problem but I get there but;
2) still have no audio but I can now play online videos.
In researching these I see some things that I don't have the solutions for yet.
They are:
1) Booting the system cleanly without the USB drive method
2) In my Sound/Audio it shows no output device and no input device. Any thoughts?
3) I still show the Custom Beast #2 from Snow Leopard as being there but I am reluctant to remove it right now. Any thoughts?
4) In my Extra library it seems to have my old DSDT.aml file.
5) In my Extra library it seems to have my old org.Chameleon.Boot.plist
6) In my Extra library it seems to have my old DSDT.aml file.

I am going to do some more research here on TonyMac today and hope to resolve the above issues. If I find anything helpful, I will try to post here for you. If you find anything helpful, please do the same.
Thanks for the reply wtymges... Appreciate it, however I can't even get to the Clover boot loader! I'm stuck, spinning my wheels on zero. What I find interesting, is that I have an older Asus X58 cpu that I was able to get going with El Capitan in a flash. I've had nothing but issues with this board and os x, and the reason I bought it was because it was recommended by this site... grrrr.

Soundcheckers, I assume you have access to a Mac to download El Capitan and UniBeast because you go there before. So try using that Mac to erase and reformat the USB drive with Disk Utility. I did that and things are better but not fully resolved yet.
Persistence is important and while I to am frustrated, I have made some progress. I am learning and that will make things interesting. I do suggest you print out files or part of them for future reference. There are a lot of details and my guess, I missed something in the install process so I will be reviewing them carefully.

Yeah mine is working now ;)
I know this might be crazy, but could it have something to do with USB2 vs USB3? I'm pretty sure my USB stick is USB2, and all of my ports are USB3... It doesn't make sense because the actual drive is recognized (shows up in the f12 boot menu,) which means the port is working,? just not under the name "USB," which is what it was named during formatting and Unibeast install.

Maybe related to this and interesting is that I have another build (Asus P6T X58) lying around, and for experimental sake, I reformatted the same USB stick again and this time when using Unibeast, I selected Legacy install (for the legacy bios in the Asus P6T) and that cpu was able to boot into Clover and install El Capitan.... Head scratcher!

Gonna get another new USB 3 16G stick now and try again... wish me luck!

I know this might be crazy, but could it have something to do with USB2 vs USB3? I'm pretty sure my USB stick is USB2, and all of my ports are USB3... It doesn't make sense because the actual drive is recognized (shows up in the f12 boot menu,) which means the port is working,? just not under the name "USB," which is what it was named during formatting and Unibeast install.

Maybe related to this and interesting is that I have another build (Asus P6T X58) lying around, and for experimental sake, I reformatted the same USB stick again and this time when using Unibeast, I selected Legacy install (for the legacy bios in the Asus P6T) and that cpu was able to boot into Clover and install El Capitan.... Head scratcher!

Gonna get another new USB 3 16G stick now and try again... wish me luck!

Oh that's the problem. You must install it from a USB2 port. USB3 ports will give you a "waiting for root device" error and you can't go in the installer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back