GTX 780
Mac
  1. iMac
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
hi everyone,

I am just wondering anyone out there using GA-Z87X-UD3H is able to use all the ram slots?. I had 32GB of ram, but when I fully occupied all the slots, the freeze happens. But now I am only 3 slots, system runs perfectly. do I have a faulty MB?

thanks
Sean

yeah, I think it's mainly due to faulty MB. but may I also ask about your BIOS settings? I think we have very similar setup, it will be good to have a reference.

cheers
Sean

hey everybody, same problem here... as long as I only had 2x8 GB no issues with my GA-Z87X-UD3H. only after I installed another pair of ram and had 4x8 GB I have random freezes. at the moment I have 3x8 GB installed and had no freezes at all so far. any idea what could be the problem? I am using the f8 firmware and osx 10.9.2.

The problem is very common with z87x boards using 4 dimms of ram. Most of the people who discussed it in the Gigabyte forums have solved it by using the latest beta bios and increasing IO analogue, IO digital and System Agent Voltage, all three by +0,2v.

Then there's the other problem that I believe is completely unrelated, which is that 10.9.2 is freezing for some of us while 10.9.1 wasn't.

The problem is very common with z87x boards using 4 dimms of ram. Most of the people who discussed it in the Gigabyte forums have solved it by using the latest beta bios and increasing IO analogue, IO digital and System Agent Voltage, all three by +0,2v.

Then there's the other problem that I believe is completely unrelated, which is that 10.9.2 is freezing for some of us while 10.9.1 wasn't.

Hi, how can i update to the latest bios?

Hi, how can i update to the latest bios?

Download Link

Format a USB Flash Drive as FAT - Copy the BIOS file to it.
Press Delete on boot to enter the BIOS and press function key F8 to load the BIOS file.

Good Luck

Download Link

Format a USB Flash Drive as FAT - Copy the BIOS file to it.
Press Delete on boot to enter the BIOS and press function key F8 to load the BIOS file.

Good Luck

Thanks alot! I downloaded this version GA-Z87X-OC - F7 and copied it to a flash drive.
But when I'm in Bios and select the flash drive it does'nt show the file. Am I missing something?

UPDATE: Got it, i forgot to unpack the .exe file.

Where exactly do i find the both IO and System Agent Voltage parameters so i can change them?

First of all, make sure you do have the problem that gets solved by increasing System Agent, IO Analogue and IO Digital Voltages by +0,2v. If you do, then chances are that using the latest beta bios will solve that problem, because that beta BIOS did solve the problem for most of the people who were talking about this issue in the Gigabyte forums.

If you still think your problem can be fixed by the voltages increase because of what you have read around or because you feel like it, then you'll find the voltages under Performance -> Voltage -> CPU Core Voltage... somewhere in there, but your bios might be different than mine, so make sure names are

CPU System Agent Voltage
CPU I/O Analogue Voltage
CPU I/O Digital Voltage

And I've read you shouldn't add more than +0,2v.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back