Contribute
Register

GA-Z87X-OC Onboard graphics problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm guessing you mean left monitor, the one that is not working, not the middle one:
Yes there is another output.. but I thought video cards can usually only support up to two monitors?

What I mean is that you still only use 2 ports from your Graphics Card but use a different port other than the one that is not displaying correctly.

What I mean is that you still only use 2 ports from your Graphics Card but use a different port other than the one that is not displaying correctly.

Oh yes, same problem. There are two hdmi ports on the motherboard and both cause the same error. There is a display port on the motherboard, so I will try that but I doubt that will fix anything.

Is there anyway to fix this issue without buying another video card?

P.S. Just to clarify, both screens that are connected into the graphics card are working great. The screen that is connected into the motherboard graphics outputs is the one having problems.

Oh yes, same problem. There are two hdmi ports on the motherboard and both cause the same error. There is a display port on the motherboard, so I will try that but I doubt that will fix anything.

Is there anyway to fix this issue without buying another video card?

P.S. Just to clarify, both screens that are connected into the graphics card are working great. The screen that is connected into the motherboard graphics outputs is the one having problems.

If both ports are working correctly from your Graphics card. Then I am wondering what configuration you are using. For example, You have GraphicsEnabler=No set in your org.chameleon.boot plist. But have you got IGPEnabler=Yes set. If this is the case you will have to set your Init Display First to IGFX and once you reach the desktop the other 2 screens should then come on.

Hi,
I have a z87x-oc and a EVGA GTX760 and can't make the graphic card work...
Would you be kind enough to read this and tell me your feeling?
It's an extract from my recent discussion on tonymacx with other members.

Hi Lexone, I've bought a Z87X-OC and a EVGA GTX760
But I don't have any video output from the GC.
Did you turn on every switch on the MB for the PCIe slots?
Is there any trick I don't get?

By the way my PS is only a Corsair 430W, I've ordered a 550W right away since it could be that.
If you have any tip or if there is a trick to make a CG work fine on the Z87X-OC I'm all ears and that would be of great help :)
By the way thanks a lot for your effort in documenting your build, it helped me a lot for the first stages!!

So thanks again!!

The issue could be related to your PSU not having enough power to run your GPU. I didn't touch anything on my actual mobo, all switches are set as they were when I pulled out of the box.

Hi Lexone,
Did follow your advice and changed the PowerSupply for a 550W.
But still nothing... this is giving me a freaking headache...
Would you be kind enough to tell me if your switches for the PCIe are switched "on" ?
Like on this picture I took today? :

[edit] I did opened a support ticket with Gigabyte to determine if the problem is not coming from the motherboard... [/edit]

Would be great if you have any idea...
here's what I said to Gigabyte:
Hi, I just assembled a new rig and here's my problem: I can't get my graphic card regonized by any system (no video output and not showing in the system information panel of windows - can't install the drivers "the device is not connected"). I already did the following : - Replacement of the graphic card (GTX 760 EVGA) - Replacement of the 430W Corsair for a 550W - upgraded the bios from v8 to 9c - Switching the switches of the PCIe on the motherboard Z87X-OC (tried every combination). When I put all those switches "off" the computer doesn't boot: I have no video output from the motherboard. When I put them all "on" the computer does boot, but the graphic card is not "recognized". I am running out of options: is there any parameter I am missing or, based on what I wrote you, do you consider that the motherboard is defective? I would really appreciate some fast support on this.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back