CPU
i7 4770
Graphics
GTX 750 Ti
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi just though I would share my experience with GA-Z87X-D3H build.

My components are:
GA-Z87X-D3H motherboard
Corsair CML16GX3M2A1600C10 Vengeance 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3 1600 Mhz CL10 XMP Performance Desktop Memory Kit Black
i74770 process
SanDisk SDSSDX-240G-G25 Extreme 240GB SATA 6GB/s 2.5 Inch Internal SSD
Zotac - geforce 8600 GT 512MB graphics card
Sata DVD drive
3x1GB internal hard drives
1 SSD 120Gb for Windows 8

My first build worked great with 10.8.4 Mountain Lion - Very very fast. - No problems with booting or graphics. Audio not tested as I use external Sound card.

Was looking forward to try Mavericks, so using the same components

I did the install, straight away I had issues.

USB installer I had to -X-S-V, GraphicsEnabler=Yes, PCIRootUID=1 and also use a USB 2.0 Slot

after this I managed to follow the guide and I installed Mavericks on the 240gb SSD.

had to use -X GraphicsEnabler=Yes, PCIRootUID=1 to load MAVERICKS SSD 240GB

I tried Easy Beast and installed ok

Rebooted - Had problems again loading up the Harddrive Mavericks 240GBssd

so Did GraphicsEnabler=Yes, PCIRootUID=1

Loaded up again.

So did Multibeast again and added audio ALC898 -
Also pluged in CDROM DRIVE, SSD120GB, rebooted

Had problems again get it to load.

Having issues every time I reboot now.

Ive giving up after 2 days of trying multiple variations. MountainLion was running like a dream. Dont know if anybody else if having similar problems or If somebody can spot what Im doing wrong.

Luckily I cloned the SSD240GB to a Large mechanical Hard drive, which boots ok with same BIOS settings.

Thanks

As mentiones in the Unibeast Download the default options for Unibeast and Multibeast are

GraphicsEnabler=No and PCIRootUID=0

If you need these flags to get your machine going, you need to edit your boot.plist or add these information with Multibeast (Open Multibeast, switch to Tab Customize, under Boot Options add GraphicsEnabler=Yes and PCIRootUID Fix) ;)

Thanks for the Suggestions. Gonna maybe try again in few days Time. Ill be using a Mechanical HDD instead of SSD, cannot afford anymore downtime. I did apply the suggestions of GraphicsEnabler=Yes, and PCIRootUID=1 with Multibeast. However Ill try it all again, including couple of things Ill double check and post the Verbose screen.

Was wondering if anybody is using the HD4000 Intergrated graphics ok? I did get it working but Screen resolution was zoomed right in 1000*800 or something lower, so switched to my reliable but Old 8600 GT geforce.

Again Thanks for the suggestions.

As mentiones in the Unibeast Download the default options for Unibeast and Multibeast are

GraphicsEnabler=No and PCIRootUID=0

If you need these flags to get your machine going, you need to edit your boot.plist or add these information with Multibeast (Open Multibeast, switch to Tab Customize, under Boot Options add GraphicsEnabler=Yes and PCIRootUID Fix) ;)

Weird. For the Unibeast install I had to set nothing. After that, I had to add "GraphicsEnabler=No" to the plist to get mine to boot. But once it boots and I log in, so far it's been solid. I didn't need to do PCIRootUID (but YMMV...)

My specs:

Gigabyte Ga-Z87X-UD5H (BIOS rev F7)
Two 8GB RAM (DDR3, CL9)
ATi 7870 video (Gigabyte brand), 2GB VRAM (GraphicsEnabler=No for use, but this field is not needed during Mavericks install!)
Intel 4770K CPU (not yet overclocked, and while that cost more than the 4770 non-K version, I would have disabled VT-D as there's more overhead and the gains for a single-user setup are not there... Parallels has always been fine and dandy anyhow... and, oops, I just read it's recommended it be disabled for OS X anyhow, LOL! So now I'm off to try to overclock... this should be fun. I wonder if Prime95 is available for Linux... )

Thanks for the Suggestions. Gonna maybe try again in few days Time. Ill be using a Mechanical HDD instead of SSD, cannot afford anymore downtime. I did apply the suggestions of GraphicsEnabler=Yes, and PCIRootUID=1 with Multibeast. However Ill try it all again, including couple of things Ill double check and post the Verbose screen.

Was wondering if anybody is using the HD4000 Intergrated graphics ok? I did get it working but Screen resolution was zoomed right in 1000*800 or something lower, so switched to my reliable but Old 8600 GT geforce.

Again Thanks for the suggestions.

With my system (specs above but using IGFX and Intel integrated graphics = Enabled), the integrated Intel 4600 would run - but Photoshop would lock up. I never tried removing the ATi card, though, so that may have been the solution to that. But that's a moot point. With Mavericks, I now have IGFX enabled but Integrated video disabled, and the ATi card (with flag graphicsenable=no) seems to be stable. Yay! Tonight I am moving the PC to the Minidisplayport monitor (I'm doing DVI but swapped to HDMI and both of those seem to work) and then do dual monitors after I finally put away the old PC (the to-be media server/NAS. Raid 1 for 6 drives will be fun (pity it can't do RAID 5...))

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back