Contribute
Register

GA-Z87N-WIFI Mavericks 10.9.3: system freezes when uploading large files or performing a backup

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I grabbed the latest multibeast (6.3) and installed the latest driver 3.0.4.1a and everything seems to be working well.

Most probably not related to the issue but after the reboot my sound wasnt working so I loaded up multibeast again and installed the latest ALC892 and rebooted. Still no sound. After further review OSX sees no sound output device anymore.

http://grab.by/xDuQ

Most probably not related to the issue but after the reboot my sound wasnt working so I loaded up multibeast again and installed the latest ALC892 and rebooted. Still no sound. After further review OSX sees no sound output device anymore.

Can't help you there. ... Well, actually I can:

Buy yourself an USB sound card!

That's one of the first things I did with my GA-Z87N-WIFI Hackintosh. The onboard sound chip was driving me crazy. It produced very, very poor audio quality through my active speakers and on top of that, every time I woke my Hackintosh up from sleep, the sound was completely dead and couldn't be reactivated without rebooting.

After fiddling around with that crappy thing for days, I finally had enough and bought myself a "TerraTec AureonDualUSB". Best EUR 25 spent ever.

I have the same build. z87n-wifi, i7-4770k
I fixed the audio by using an older MultiBeast , V. 6.2.1.
install it, restart, and your audio will work!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back