Contribute
Register

GA-Z87N-WIFI Mavericks 10.9.3: system freezes when uploading large files or performing a backup

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't even get my ethernet to work after a fresh install of Mav. It works when I boot using unibeast but when I install the Bootloader it will NEVER work.

It's frustrating.

Rolling back the driver to v2.4 on 10.9.3 still causes system stability problems, have no idea if the large file xfer issue still exists. My machine is locking up more than ever now. Sometimes when I reboot I am met with a grey screen kernel panic after the bootloader.

I can't even get my ethernet to work after a fresh install of Mav. It works when I boot using unibeast but when I install the Bootloader it will NEVER work.

It's frustrating.

I have the same motherboard and very new to the hackintosh i don't have any issues with my internet but what i did fine is that only 1 of my ethernet ports worked you should check that if you have not already here is a screen shot of multi beast setting hope it helps. I have also updated to 10.9.3 everything works apart from wifi and bluetooth which i do not really need as i am harder wired up. But i do have issue when it goes to sleep it will not wake up.

hope this helps you.
Untitled.jpg

I have the same motherboard and very new to the hackintosh i don't have any issues with my internet but what i did fine is that only 1 of my ethernet ports worked you should check that if you have not already here is a screen shot of multi beast setting hope it helps.

If you have time, disk space and a NAS to test against, it would be interesting if you could try the following:

1) Open a "Terminal" command shell
2) create a really big file, this will create a 60GB one: "mkfile 60g bigfile-delete-me"
3) Copy the file from your hackintosh to the NAS
4) Once done of course delete the file :) .

Would be interesting to know if that copy succeeds or not, I bet after appx. 40GB your system will start to freeze up.

It might not be an issue for you but if you do backups over the network for example or want to keep your system up for days you might want to keep it in mind.

Using the latest AppleIntelE1000e.kext version 3.0.4.1a (uploaded on 2014-05-18) from this InsanelyMac forum thread seems to solve the problem for me. I copied quite a lot of large files over my LAN in the last couple of days and so far I didn't encounter those ethernet crashes anymore.

I'd suggest to give that Kext a try.

And be sure to remove the old AppleIntelE1000e.kext! On my system it was in /System/Library/Extensions/IONetworkingFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns.

Using the latest AppleIntelE1000e.kext version 3.0.4.1a (uploaded on 2014-05-18) from this InsanelyMac forum thread seems to solve the problem for me. I copied quite a lot of large files over my LAN in the last couple of days and so far I didn't encounter those ethernet crashes anymore.

I'd suggest to give that Kext a try.

And be sure to remove the old AppleIntelE1000e.kext! On my system it was in /System/Library/Extensions/IONetworkingFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns.

How long have you been running that one? No random system locks?

How long have you been running that one? No random system locks?

As I've written, I've been running it the last couple of days – it's been 5 or 6, I guess. No lockups yet. Earlier today I uploaded around 16 GB to another machine on my LAN, again without hiccups.

As I've written, I've been running it the last couple of days – it's been 5 or 6, I guess. No lockups yet. Earlier today I uploaded around 16 GB to another machine on my LAN, again without hiccups.

I remember trying that driver with the same issues. This is the best one I have found so far but I still get occasional system locks. I will check back with you in a week or so.

I remember trying that driver with the same issues. This is the best one I have found so far but I still get occasional system locks. I will check back with you in a week or so.

Hmmm, the 3.0.4.1a works great here. Maybe it's Mac OS X version specific? I'm running 10.9.2.

Oh, and another thing: I don't have any kexts running for the second ethernet port. I tried the latest Atheros kext, but it didn't make it work. The whole system became incredibly unstable and froze all the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back