GTX 650ti Overclocked +130MHz
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I've been planning to update my CPU and motherboard since the announcement of Haswell as an i5 3570K just doesn't cut it. Also, I have four SATA III SSDs and I saw that the new board would have 4 SATA III headers. Now that 10.8.5 is out, I'm chomping at the bit. I'm planning to buy an i7 4770K and a ga-z87n-wifi.

I have a few questions about the new hardware:
- Ethernet: Will it work? It's an intel controller and I can't seem to find a kext. My hackintosh relies on ethernet for an internet connection (thanks, brick chimney)
- USB 3.0: I currently have the ga-z77n-wifi. USB 3.0 ports only work for USB 3.0 peripherals unless you turn off the xHCI controllers or use the world's most buggy driver.

If there is anything I need to know about my hardware selection, let me know. Budget means nothing to me.

GA-Z87N-WiFi 10.8.5 compatibility - builtin graphics no bueno

Where do I get help with my build? I have a GA-787N-WiFi but I'm using the builtin graphics and it is only XGA resolution available.

PLUS I have to boot with extensions off. I ran multibeast and still have no sound. I do have network functionality.

HELP ME PLEASE!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back