Contribute
Register

GA-Z77X-UP5-TH won't post, fan starts for 0.5-1 sec then off, repeat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z170MX Gaming 5
CPU
i7-6700
Graphics
GTX 770
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. eMac
  2. iMac
  3. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
This is driving me crazy, i tried to install a Thermaltake Toughpower XT 775W and received a red LED (on the PSU) which pointed towards a faulty unit. So i put the old PSU back in and now it won't post at all, once i got the number 8 on the display but there's no reference to that number in the manual?

the bios LEDs on the board flash as it tries to start up.

Does anyone know a trick to get into the BIOS in this situation as i'm all out of ideas :(

Hey have similar build, created roughly 2 years ago and worked perfectly up until yesterday. Haven't switched any hardware out, just attempted to turn on and fans run for roughly a second beforesystem just shuts off. Figured it was some sort of short or something. If you could keep us updated that would be highly appreciated.

So the CPU failed in this board and an Asus board under testing, the ram also failed the mem test and is under warranty so has gone back to corsair. We're waiting to hear back from Intel to see if they'll accept the CPU as it's just out of warranty.

It's interesting though, I have never overclocked it, and have only played battlefront on it for 90 minutes and left for dead for maybe 5 hours, plus I was overseas for 6 months since I built it. I would've thought an expensive CPU should last longer than that (effectively less than 3 years use).

I for one wil never buy a K chip again, there's just no point.

Keep you posted on the progress.

Truly sorry for not getting back sooner, after some rather lengthy research, decided to purchase a new power supply. Went from the Course Air Hx 650w to the Course Air Cx 750 m. Fixed the problem perfectly and have yet to have another issue.

What kind of cooler did you have on it?
CoolerMaster TX3 CPU Cooler as suggested in the buyers guide at the time. Turns out it was the Intel graphics in the CPU that gave in. Intel ended up replacing it under Australia's consumer laws of "Acceptable quality", took a fight though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back