Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi all,

I have a pretty successful build here, with ga-z77x-up5-th, i7 3770, gtx660, etc. But one thing is pretty weird.

The motherboard seems to be keeping some phantom power, even when the computer is powered off. All my USB devices never power off, the bluetooth dongle lights are up, even the external hard drive keeps spinning (it does so whenever there is USB power). That all leads to the following issues:

1. If my external hard drive is plugged in when I restart the computer, it won't show up (automount) after reboot. If I disconnect the hard drive, and then connect it after the system is booted it works fine.

2. The bluetooth keyboard is not immediately recognized, and I always have to press the power button on it (it's an Apple wireless keyboard). However, the Apple Touchpad is recognized just fine.

3. I cannot access BIOS with the bluetooth keyboard either, but that might be because my Kinivo BT dongle doesn't support HID Proxy (it's a Broadcom-based dongle).

Everything else is working pretty smooth, no hiccups of any kind. Any ideas what could be wrong? I'm mostly concerned about motherboard staying powered on when the PSU is ON, but computer itself is off.

I believe it is a feature of the board. Same thing happens with my UD5H board. I'm not sure how to turnit off. Might be somewhere in the BIOS

I have a very basic Gigabyte GA-B75M-HD3 and it is the same. I think that it is probably something about being able to charge USB devices even with the machine powered down. Switching off the PSU switch kills all power to the motherboard and any connected USB devices.

Adrian B

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back