Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi,

my installation has worked out fine. But now when I reboot I do not get my Ethernet working anymore. I tried several boot options

-v GraphicsEnabler = No PCIRootUID=0

i get into macosx but the Ethernet card is not recognized.

any help?

No, didn't know about this. I will try it out. Thanks a lot

Did you install the hnak Apple Intel kext from MultiBeast?

Hi! I have never gotten ethernet to work on my Mavericks build with my GA-Z77X-UP5-TH because WiFi has always been "good enough."

But this week I really need ethernet. I'm in the middle of a creative project and need to download a butt load of files to get everything assembled on time. My network is fine but WiFi is getting 5MBps or less and I need to download hundreds of gigs of files "yesterday". First thing I tried gave me eternal white screen after logging in. I can try simple things but I'm afraid to ruin a build that has been otherwise stable for a couple years just to get Ethernet. Yes I'm backed up but the project would suffer if I had to do that.

So,

I downloaded the latest AppleIntelE1000e.kext from here: http://www.tonymacx86.com/resources/appleintele1000e.300/

Currently Version 3.3.1.2

Put it in the location specified in my MultiBeast "Drivers" Info section, along with the many other kexts already there. (see pic)

Then I repaired permissions and rebooted.

Is there something else I need to do to get this to work?

Here's the kexts in that /Contents/PlugIns/

AppleBCM5701Ethernet.kext
AppleIntel8254XEthernet.kext
AppleIntelE1000e.kext
AppleIntelI210Ethernet.kext
AppleUSBEthernet.kext
AppleUSBGigEthernet.kext
AppleYukon2.kext
Intel82574L.kext
IOEthernetAVBController.kext
mDNSOffloadUserClient.kext
nvenet.kext

Oh --
Running MultiBeast 6.4.2 to install the AppleIntel1000e versions it had always encounters "permission errors". I'm the only (admin) user and I know how to type my password (thank goodness).

I can't find the MultiBeast.log Instal Log it mentions to check for why it didn't work. (see pics)

What can I try next?

Here's what I am seeing:

Screen Shot 2016-09-18 at 9.36.17 PM.png
Screen Shot 2016-09-18 at 9.07.59 PM.png

Screen Shot 2016-09-18 at 9.09.33 PM.png
Screen Shot 2016-09-18 at 9.42.32 PM.png

Remove AppleIntelE1000e.kext from /Contents/PlugIns/

Download KextBeast 2.0.1 and IntelMausiEthernet v2.2.0d4

1. Place IntelMausiEthernet.kext on your desktop.
2. Run KextBeast installer
3. Select the destination folder: /Library/Extensions or /System/Library/Extensions
4. Reboot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back