i7-3770K
Graphics
GTX 670
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
[SOLVED] GA-Z77X-UP5 TH kernel panic on boot. Help

Hey, I've been running my custom Mac on Mountain Lion for quite some time now with no problems. I recently decided to upgrade to El Capitan but I'm having some trouble getting up and running.

You can see my hardware specs to the left.

I downloaded the the most recent versions of unibeast, El Capitan, clover and Multibeast and began my installation following the guide. Everything is fine and I can get it to boot off the USB then I use Multibeast and restart. At this point when I restart and try to boot from my El Capitan drive I get a Kernal Panic.

I've attached some screen shots of my Multibeast settings, the Kernal panic, and the Kernal panic in verbose mode. (Sorry for crappy iPhone photos it was the fastest way I could think of doing it.)

All the the searching I've done hasn't turned up anything yet but if anyone can point me in the right direction I'd be forever grateful.

I should also also say when booting up the first time I also preform a transfer of my mountain lion time machine backup. Could this be the source of my problem? I'm trying a fresh install now and skipping this step to see.

EDIT: sorry I'm tired I should have tried without using the time machine backup before I posted this. It's booting no without a problem. I'm now wondering if there is a way to get my settings and apps back without ruining the boot?
EDIT 2: Got everything figured out. looks like I posted this just a little prematurely.

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back