2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. eMac
  2. iMac
  3. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
i tried configuring the UEFI on my GA-Z77X-UP5-TH after reading this: http://www.tonymacx86.com/99-quick-guide-configuring-uefi-gigabyte-s-7-series-lga-1155-boards.html
i got into the 3d bios, clicked F1, then F7 and confirmed to reset at which stage the machine switched off, then it went into a cycle of trying to start up, fan starts, but then it shuts off again, this went on for about 30-40 secs and i hit reset on the front of the machine, i could then get back into the bios again, to Peripherals, confirmed xHCI mode is set to Auto, then confirmed xHCI was enabled and EHCI Hand-off wasn't enabled, so i enabled it. then the machine went off again and back into the cycle but never actually able to start up.

i tried jumping the cmos reset pins, removing the board battery, disconnecting everything and trying to get any sort of different response but it always does the same thing. can anyone with more experience shed some light on what the problem could be (apart from me being a hacky noob)?

I hadn't yet hacked anything so I'm thinking this could be a hardware issue?

Btw my build is from the customac 2012 guide with the exception of the cooler, case and ram increase.
Corsair Obsidian 550D case
Intel Core i7-3770K
EVGA GeForce GTX670
1x SanDisk Extreme SATA 6Gb/s 240GB SSD
2x Seagate Barracuda SATA 6Gb/s 1TB HDD
32GB Corsair 1600Mhz DDR3
Corsair 650watt
CoolerMaster TX3 CPU Cooler
TP-Link PCI Express Wifi Adapter (TL-WDN4800)

first off, beast of a build! and yes that looks like a hardware issue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back