Contribute
Register

GA-Z77X-UP5 TH i7 3770K unknown CPU model 0x3a

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Guys this Smbios plist for ivy bridge ,,, MacBook Pro Retina 10.1 and MBP 9.2 MBP 9.1 >>>

unzip smbios.zip then copy any plist u want then rename it to "smbios.plist" put and replace it in extra folder

give it shot ;)

Attachments

• SMbios.zip
    1.5 KB · Views: 1,267
5.0.2 have you tried without your RAID?

I don't use raid, just the ssd and a 1tb hdd for storage, and the specs listed above.
Windows7 installed fine.
I'm going to try using a different mlion install from an original imac, maybe since I'm using my hp probook, the mlion installer is skipping something I need for a desktop install.

I tried installing straight to the hdd and nothing changed.
Just to check I used the same usb stick to install unibeast on my hp probook [swapping out the ssd from my pc and it installed just fine (using the hp installer)] no problems there.
For some reason it just keeps hanging on the multibeast chameleon plist, boots fine when I replace it with the unibeast version.
I'm waiting for my graphics card to come in, everything worked fine before I tried getting the HD4000 working, I'm hoping it's reversable

****My boot problem is fixed****
After that last post I realized the possibility where the problem lied.
Installing with a VGA connection on this board will work fine... until after the chameleon plist is installed... use only a dvi!
Here's the run down "The thing that separates a Genius from a Beggar is effort"
So... I have a Catleap Q270 monitor... which do not work with the on board dvi (dead beef error)
So I pulled out my old VGA monitor everything worked fine till after mbeast, switching to a DVi port fixed this instantly.
Thanks everyone, and I apologize (like most problems user related).

This is not a bug in Chimera 1.11.1.

View attachment 28567

Closed invalid.

I still see the message but way after the Chimera boot loader. So your saying this is a bug with either the UEFI Bios or Chameleon Boot Loader?

Here is the message I see from terminal DMESG

WARNING: IOPlatformPluginUtil : getCPUIDInfo: this is an unknown CPU model 0x3a
-- power management may be incomplete or unsupported
[AGPM Controller] unknownPlatform

You'll continue to get that message as Apple hasn't released a product with that CPU. Ignore it, it's of no consequence...

I have the same error and my hack will not boot. THe CPU in not recognized. Is there a general way to solve this or get the system to boot correctly?

Does anyone know why this occurs? I also have the same hardware, some people will my hardware don't seem to have this CPU problem.

I'm having the exact same issue. Same hardware. Can't get my hackintosh to boot for the life of me. I've been all over these forums and tried re-installing ML 3 times. Can't get past the hang that comes up after the unknown CPU model 0x3a message.

Hi,
I just had the same problem with my H77-DS3H motherboard. It hang after the "WARNING: IOPlatformPluginUtil : getCPUIDInfo: this is an unknown CPU model 0x3a".

Solution was again to boot from Unibeast and log in with -v -x (and in my case PCIRootUID=0) trash the Extrafolder and perform a new MultiBest session. After that no problem!

Hi,
I just had the same problem with my H77-DS3H motherboard. It hang after the "WARNING: IOPlatformPluginUtil : getCPUIDInfo: this is an unknown CPU model 0x3a".

Solution was again to boot from Unibeast and log in with -v -x (and in my case PCIRootUID=0) trash the Extrafolder and perform a new MultiBest session. After that no problem!

I have the same board and the same proble, can you help me please?
Wich Extra folder i have to delete? How i can delete it? From Terminal in Unibeast?
Thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back