CPU
i7-3770K
Graphics
HD 4000
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Got a problem with this set up. Have i7 3770k with GA-Z77X-UP5-TH and Radeon r9 280x. This setup has been working flawless for the most part as a dual boot Windows 8 and Yosemite hackintosh on same solid state drive. Ran into a problem recently unsure if auto update was on or what with Yosemite because all of a sudden went into OS X and the boot process won't go past apple logo. Goes fine until 1/3 of the way and starts to get real slow finally stopping around half way and shutting down. Did startup with verbose mode and the drive says repairing and after three tries fails and shuts down. This was done with chameleon boot loader. Does anybody know a possible way to boot into OS X or use a command in terminal allowing me to get in so i can clone the drive?

Last edited by a moderator:
Got a problem with this set up. Have i7 3770k with GA-Z77X-UP5-TH and Radeon r9 280x. This setup has been working flawless for the most part as a dual boot Windows 8 and Yosemite hackintosh on same solid state drive. Ran into a problem recently unsure if auto update was on or what with Yosemite because all of a sudden went into OS X and the boot process won't go past apple logo. Goes fine until 1/3 of the way and starts to get real slow finally stopping around half way and shutting down. Did startup with verbose mode and the drive says repairing and after three tries fails and shuts down. This was done with chameleon boot loader. Does anybody know a possible way to boot into OS X or use a command in terminal allowing me to get in so i can clone the drive?
Bad news on this one - your installation drive is damaged - OS X is trying to repair the drive, but it is not bootable.

This happened to me once when I carelessly missed the UEFI/BIOS screen that I wanted into. The machine then automatically started booting and I powered it off on the case power switch rather than wait to get to the desktop and power down.

You can do a fresh installation on a new drive and then use migration assistant to copy over your settings, apps and data. It is important that you do not to keep trying to boot into this installation to avoid further damage. Once the data has been migrated to a new installation on a new drive you will need to wipe the old installation. The faulty drive may work fine from then on but there may be further damage that is longer lasting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back