Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte B75M-D3H
CPU
i7-3770
Graphics
RX 560
Hi all

I have been using 10.9.5 with this board (rev 1.2), without problems. Almost no kexts, no dsdt... everything pretty good, except for the USB.

USB seems to be more or less working but does weird things. While it seems to be fully supported, as its correctly listed within the system profiler, the transfers TO the thumb drives are quite slow (like 6/7 minutes to copy the 10.9.5 combo update file, which is almost 1gb in size), but if i connect and external usb HD, the writting speed is much much greater (it takes less than a minute when i copy the very same file to my external WD elements usb drive). Seven times the difference? I guess something is not working correctly here

I know what are you thinking. Slow/cheap usb thumb drives, but i dont want to believe that, as i have a bunch of thumb drives, from all kind of brands and models and all show the same slowness, so i realized that there must be something wrong with my setup.

If buying a PCIe with OOB 100% supported chipset would help, im open to that.

Any ideas?

Thank you in advance

Hi all,

I have the same motherboard, and also have issues regarding USB.
Under Mavericks everything worked just fine, now under Yosemite most of my USB devices just won't show up at all when connected to a a USB3 port, and if I extend the cable with an Apple USB extension cable they don't work on any port anymore.

Actually the only drive working correctly on USB3 so far is the Kingston thumbdrive I installed Yosemite with, and my USB3 SATA dock worked fine up untill last reboot (while I didn't change anything), and now also refuses to work with anything other than my 2 USB2 frontpanel ports, like most of my other stuff.

I've installed the GenericUSB driver, which seems to be the same version than the one I was using under Mavericks. Everything shows up in system profiler like it should..

Any ideas would be much obliged..

Furthermore everything seems to be working just grand though, and it also seems like GTX 780 is finally fully supported :mrgreen:

Could you please, tell me what options or guide you followed to install mavericks?

If your USB were working ok under Mavericks, that could save my day.

Regards

I having GA-Z97X-UDH3 USB also not working when i install yosemite.
But everything is fine at mavericks.

Hmmm. maybe i should go back to mavericks till there a fix to this...

For Mavericks I just used Unibeast to create the bootable stick, then installed the neccesary drivers through Multibeast, and that was that.. Worked flawless.
Be sure the Generic USB3 driver is selected when you run multibeast though ;-)

I've got a similar problem with USB speeds/copying but on the z77-UD5H - after upgrading to Yosemite, my attempts to copy files between hard drives seems to be incredibly slow, or at the very least, not capable of updating progress in real-time.

For example, I'm trying to copy the 5GB Yosemite Installer to a backup drive of mine for safe keeping - the progress bar of the transfer doesn't move for minutes at a time and then may suddenly jump to nearly completed, but it's painstakingly slow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back