Contribute
Register

ga-z77x-ud5h won't boot after in

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
motherboard OR System make and model names > See Rules!
CPU
i5-3550
Graphics
GT 210
hi guys, i need help!!!,:D
i've gigabyte ga-z77x-ud5h f8, i5 3550, 8gb ram kingston, hdd 1 TB WD,nvidia gt640.
i've install the retail dvd of mac ML 10.8.2 with unibeast on 8gb pen drive.
i've installed succesfully ML on my hackintosh
then i run multibeast and select , chimera ,user dsdt with no dsdt file on desktop. (one problem per time)when i restart system mac won't boot.
if i put unibeast usb drive i can boot into mac with -x flag.
what can i do for boot without usb ??? what's wrong with chimera??
i've already searched similar post but no working solution until now!
:banghead::banghead: tnx!!!

ps excuse my english!XD

hi guys, i need help!!!,:D
i've gigabyte ga-z77x-ud5h f8, i5 3550, 8gb ram kingston, hdd 1 TB WD,nvidia gt640.
i've install the retail dvd of mac ML 10.8.2 with unibeast on 8gb pen drive.
i've installed succesfully ML on my hackintosh
then i run multibeast and select , chimera ,user dsdt with no dsdt file on desktop. (one problem per time)when i restart system mac won't boot.
if i put unibeast usb drive i can boot into mac with -x flag.
what can i do for boot without usb ??? what's wrong with chimera??
i've already searched similar post but no working solution until now!
:banghead::banghead: tnx!!!

ps excuse my english!XD

I recently a similar problem with my GA-Z77X-UD5H, however, the root cause is very likely different. The issue that you have is one that you most definitely are going to need to know how to approach, because it will likely happen multiple times over the life or your machine as a result of an Apple Update or other changes to your system.

VERBOSE MODE
First thing to do is to boot with the "verbose" flag: -v. Watch the output on your screen as it boots. Look for anything that needs attention, but mostly, see where the output stops. If possible, compare the output to a normal boot process of the machine when it works perfectly. This will give you an idea of where in the boot process it has failed.

IGNORE BOOT CACHES
Next, try the same thing, with the boot flags: -v -f

This will keep the verbose output and also disregard the boot caches, which may have gotten corrupt or not built correctly. The booting will take longer, but it may work.

PCIROOTUID
If the machine appears to get all or most of the way through the boot process, but just sits there at the end without any obvious errors, you may need to do this:
Change the PCIRootUID to either 0 or 1 (you may have noticed which one it normally uses in the output above, if so, try the other): -v PCIRootUID=1

If this works, then make sure you put this in your /Extra/org.chameleon.Boot.plist file like so:

<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>PCIRootUID=1</string>

(or PCIRootUID=0, which ever one helped)

Try these 3 items and let me know your results.

this is my second hackintosh,
I know those commands a bit :)
this night i finded the problem. after many hours of work i raised my video card and used the intel hd one.!!! after that , the boot loader was ok,and i can install audio and lan succesfully. now i want to make my video card !!!(asus gt640 2gd3)
when i put it into motherboard, bootloader won' t work and if -x -v the post message print strange problem with usb.(one peripheral on usb3.0 hub has been disconnected to protect system from overcurrent)?????????
the problem remain if i disconnect all from usb.
No problem on usb if i use no video card -.-

what kext i need ??
thx a lot for help!!!!

excuse my english again :):):banghead::banghead:

I don't know anything about that video card. I use the HD4000, myself.

this is my second hackintosh,
I know those commands a bit :)
this night i finded the problem. after many hours of work i raised my video card and used the intel hd one.!!! after that , the boot loader was ok,and i can install audio and lan succesfully. now i want to make my video card !!!(asus gt640 2gd3)
when i put it into motherboard, bootloader won' t work and if -x -v the post message print strange problem with usb.(one peripheral on usb3.0 hub has been disconnected to protect system from overcurrent)?????????
the problem remain if i disconnect all from usb.
No problem on usb if i use no video card -.-

what kext i need ??
thx a lot for help!!!!

excuse my english again :):):banghead::banghead:

I do not know exactly what your problem is but here are a couple of suggestions
you are not using the latest Bios I would suggest updating to the latest NON-Beta here is the link to the file on the Gigabyte Asia download site

http://download.gigabyte.asia/FileList/BIOS/mb_bios_ga-z77x-ud5h_f14.exe

make sure that you have set the Bios to Initiate PEG first once you install the GT640.

like this
121213115531.jpg

The only issue I have had with USB 3.0 on this board was that Hard Drives did not dismount correctly when I had connected the Gigabyte USB 3.0 front panel into F_USB30_1 - when I connected to F_USB30_2 this problem was resolved.

Hope that helps.

I'm not as technical as others that reply but here goes,

I have the same motherboard and after a failed attempt to upgrade to 8.4 I could not get booted up at all except from my backup. I finally disconnected the video card to get the restore USB to show up on my monitor and restored the system to 10.8.1. Then I had the same problem you are having, and after some frantic reading found a reference to EasyBeast which makes the hard drive the bootloader. Once I installed EasyBeast the system boots normally.

Now to fix the audio.....

Jones007, We have the same Mobo. EasyBeast worked for me too, but I had some BIOS problems which required me to use it. One silly thing I was doing was to confuse my system by putting my optical drive in P0, instead of P1. Mac OSX looks for legacy numbers like PO, rather than UEFI numbers.

Another was to have too many drives installed. The computer had trouble deciding which one to boot to. Once I got everything working with just my main drive and the optical drive, adding the others was no problem. Then I could give DSDT-free a try.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back