Contribute
Register

GA-Z77X-UD5H-WB - Update the Bios??? Setup/System help???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
PC
CPU
i7-3770
Graphics
HD4000
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi, I have a GA-Z77X-UD5H-WB MB, currently I'm using the manufactured installed Bios and my PC is working fine. I was thinking of building a hackintosh using ML 10.82, is there any benefit in updating the Bios to F14 or will the system work fine using the bios that came with the UD5H-WB?

As well, in order to save costs I don't have a graphics card and have been using the onboard GPU HD4000 (i7 3770), will the HD4000 work on a hackintosh or do I need to do something to get the system up and working? I have heard I can get it up and working using Chimera, but a lot of terms have been thrown around recently, Unibeast, Multibeast, Chimera, Chameleon and so on, which is a little over whelming. If I understand things right, Unibeast is to help me install ML onto my USB Key, Multibeast is to help me setup ML on my SDD, but what is Chimera, how and when do you use it? As well, how do I properly format my SSD for MAC and can I do this on my PC, same with using Unibeast to format my USB Key? Any info and help would be great.

Thanks.

System:
CPU: i7 3770
MB:
GA-Z77X-UD5H-WB
RAM: 16GB Kensington DL9 4x4GB 1600Mhz
HD: Samsung 830 SSD 128GB (Windows 7)
HD: Samsung 830 SSD 128GB (ML 10.82)
HD: WD Black 1TB (Windows data storage)
HD: Hitachi 380GB (Mac data storage)
Time Machine: WD Black 2TB (backup only)
Optical: Liteon 24x DVD-WR Retail
Case: BitFenix Raider (5 fans)
BT dongle for Mouse and Keyboard when in OSX

Hi, I have a GA-Z77X-UD5H-WB MB, currently I'm using the manufactured installed Bios and my PC is working fine. I was thinking of building a hackintosh using ML 10.8.2, is there any benefit in updating the Bios to F14 or will the system work fine using the bios that came with the UD5H-WB?

As well, in order to save costs I don't have a graphics card and have been using the onboard GPU HD4000 (i7 3770), will the HD4000 work on a hackintosh or do I need to do something to get the system up and working? I have heard I can get it up and working using Chimera, but a lot of terms have been thrown around recently, Unibeast, Multibeast, Chimera, Chameleon and so on, which is a little over whelming. If I understand things right, Unibeast is to help me install ML onto my USB Key, Multibeast is to help me setup ML on my SDD, but what is Chimera, how and when do you use it? As well, how do I properly format my SSD for MAC and can I do this on my PC, same with using Unibeast to format my USB Key? Any info and help would be great.

Thanks.

System:
CPU: i7 3770
MB:
GA-Z77X-UD5H-WB
RAM: 16GB Kensington DL9 4x4GB 1600Mhz
HD: Samsung 830 SSD 128GB (Windows 7)
HD: Samsung 830 SSD 128GB (ML 10.82)
HD: WD Black 1TB (Windows data storage)
HD: Hitachi 380GB (Mac data storage)
Time Machine: WD Black 2TB (backup only)
Optical: Liteon 24x DVD-WR Retail
Case: BitFenix Raider (5 fans)
BT dongle for Mouse and Keyboard when in OSX

HD4000 graphics should work with Mountain Lion.

Chimera is the bootloader that is required to boot OSX on PCs. If you select the correct options in MultiBeast after you installed Mountain Lion Chimera should be installed for you.

You need access to a real Mac or hackintosh running Snow Leopard or higher to download Mountain Lion from the Mac App Store, run UniBeast and create a UniBeast USB stick to boot and install Mountain Lion. Once you are in the Mountain Lion setup, you can launch Disk Utility and partition your hard disk from there.

Personally I would also upgrade the BIOS to the latest version before installing OSX as there are usually bug fixes in the latest version. But you should be able to run with the BIOS installed on the motherboard after purchase.

I have nearly the same MB, and the F14 BIOS is well known around the forums - that's why I updated. It made it easier to get help when I had problems, as I didn't have to reinterpret the newer options and transpose them onto my older options. Plus you get the revolutionary 3D BIOS ;):lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back