1. iMac
  2. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
  2. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I was running fine on ml 10.8.3

GA-Z77X-UD5H, i7 3770k, oc to 4.2ghz, GTX-660ti, 32gb ram, and ocz SSD 180gb disk.

I installed 10.8.3 on the SSD with tonymac back in January. It's been fine since then.

However I tried to upgrade to 10.9 and it didn't work..

I booted the unibeast stuff from usb and it installed. I rebooted and told it to then boot from the SSD.
It did but I had no sound or ethernet. I ran multibeast and tried to configure it but I didn't know what I should select and now I don't remember what I selected other than ethernet and sound, I may have selected video things too..

It finished and rebooted and now all I get is a white screen with the apple logo. I can not do anything with it at all..

What makes this even more hard is that I have a real Apple BT keyboard and trackpad so they won't work until it fully boots up. I had to plug a standard windows USB keyboard in. After hours of googling I found out that I can press the windows key and a little blank line comes up. I entered -v in there and a ton of stuff scrolled by but it still goes back to the white screen/logo.. Then I tried -s and it leaves it sitting in text mode saying [ :/ root# ] but I do not know what to do from there.
Please, please, help me! I have no idea what to do! I tried to re-run the uni-beast install a second time but it just reboots to this white screen and all I can do is press the reset button..

How can I fix this.?????? I can NOT wipe or lose my stuff, reformatting, starting over from scratch is not an option, I can not, CAN NOT, lose my stuff. After the first attempt to upgrade everything was there, just no sound or ethernet. I'm sure that I just selected the video settings the wrong way when I should not have. There must be a way to undo it..

What about there being a user guide for "When things go wrong"...

Thanks..

HELP PLEASE !!!!!!

Yea I keep having the same issue. Everything will load fine when first installed and the only thing that wont work properly is the audio. So I go through Multibeast and wasnt really sure what to chose so I used what I chose last time setting up my ML which worked fine in 10.8.4. Every time I reboot I go into this white/grey screen with the Apple logo and the loading circle just spinning and I cannot go it to boot even through Unibeast. I really need help too. There has to be someone with similar builds to ours that figured this out arleady.

I have the GA-Z77X-UD5H mobo, i7 3770K cpu and GTX 660 Ti GPU with a 120GB Intel SSD. Again any help would be greatly appreciated.

I fixed mine. Mostly.

I brought the system back up by doing a ---> -v GraphicsEnabler=No
then let it boot. After hours and hours of my FREAKING OUT, it booted up completely.

This time I ran the MultiBeast app again, selected the DSDT Free option then went to the drivers and selected my:

audio - ALC898

3rd party SATA
Trim Enabler

NOTHING FOR GRAPHICS! DO NOT SELECT ANYTHING!

Atheros ethernet
Intel ethernet

and nothing else. Leave all other options alone!

Do the install, select the SSD and hit go.

It takes awhile but after it’s finished you can close everything and reboot from the SSD and everything is cool

All the sym links I had before were broken so I had to delete them and make new sym links to where I actually keep my files.
I have
~/Downloads
~/Documents
~/Music
~/Pictures

all on a 2tb SATA 3 disk so I sym link to them.

I also had to rewrite where screenshots are stored because I f**king HATE that Apple puts them on your desktop. So I make them go to a screenshot folder in documents instead.

Use this, --> defaults write com.apple.screencapture location ~/Documents/Screenshots
then do a --> killall SystemUIServer

Everything is good now except my USB 3.0 ports, they seem to be pooched. They worked fine with ML 10.8.3 but now things I have plugged in (2.0 devices) aren’t recognized. Mavericks reports that the USB 3.0 ports are there and operating but that’s not true.

I have no idea what to do about that but it’s trivial and I’m sure there’s a fix out there.
The big deal is that my Mac is 99.999999% operational now and I’m pretty much right back where I was before the upgrade.

Before I saw this post I kinda did the same thing lol I went ahead and reinstalled Mavericks because I didnt wanna wait hours for it to go through. Once it installed I went ahead and installed only a few things each time and rebooted to see if it worked...kinda like baby steps lol. After a few reboots I got the audio (898) the 3rd party sata and the latest Chimera and thats all. Everything works fine, my USB stick is in my 3.0 ports so idk about full 3.0 speeds but the port in the front is working. The only thing not working is fully booting normally. I currently still have to use the USB stick and Unibeast to select the drive to boot properly. I do not know what I am doing wrong that it wont boot right into the drive without Unibeast. Also my iMessage says it cannot activate but my App Store works fine, so I dont really know what to do about that either. If you know exactly what there is to fix those or anything else I should install please let me know. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back