Graphics
HD4000
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Other
I have been doing some troubleshooting for the sleep/wake issue I was experiencing. Maybe this will benefit somebody.

I am using F7 bios with the a 10.7.4 Lion SSD connected to a Marvell Controller (had issue with Vertex 4 on Intel).

Sleep didn't work after installing BridgeHelper 5.0. It would try to reboot after a few seconds. That was clearly caused by my USB Bluetooth module, because unplugging it before putting the computer to sleep prevents it from trying to wake up. (I tried D-LINK BT120 without firmware update (so not working well) and Sabrent Micro USB until it died)

I wrote 'trying to wake up' because all I saw was the power LED turn on. The screens remained black (this was already the case with BridgeHelper 4.0). I suspected it had something to do with the graphics card and I think it was only sending a video signal through the HD4000 (and not the ASUS EN210). After fiddling a bit with BIOS this is now resolved!

So I have functioning sleep and wake if I unplug the USB bluetooth adapter before sleep. Edit: Now 100% working with Medialink MUA-BA3 (Bluetooth 4.0). See http://tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=2 ... 29#p423929.

This is what I enabled/disabled in BIOS [EDITED]:

• Peripherals -> Internal graphics -> disabled (don't use it yet) - this was already off so doesn't solve wake by itself[/*:m:15l0jl43]
  • Peripherals -> xHCI Mode ->enabled [/*:m:15l0jl43]
  • Peripherals -> Audio Controller ->disabled (don't use it - probably doesn't make a difference for wake)[/*:m:15l0jl43]
  • Peripherals -> Legacy USB ->disabled (read somewhere about this causing an issue with wake)[/*:m:15l0jl43]
  • Peripherals -> XHCI Handoff -> enabled[/*:m:15l0jl43]
  • Peripherals -> EHCI Handoff -> enabled[/*:m:15l0jl43]
  • Power Management -> wake up on LAN > disabled (solved earlier reboot-upon-shutdown issue)[/*:m:15l0jl43]
  • Power Management -> Internal Graphics Standby Mode ->disabled[/*:m:15l0jl43]
  • Power Management -> Internal Graphics Deep Standby Mode ->disabled[/*:m:15l0jl43]

Not sure which setting(s) solved wake and am not going to try to find out but my uneducated guess would be the 3 settings dealing with internal graphics.

Have you tried F8 bios?

fox10078 said:
Have you tried F8 bios?

No, not yet, have you? (If so, did wake/sleep behaviour improve?)

martijnr said:
fox10078 said:
Have you tried F8 bios?

No, not yet, have you? (If so, did wake/sleep behaviour improve?)

I have F8 bios and still cannot wake from sleep

I'll have to try this. Do you have WOL enabled? I recently found out after Bridgehelper 5.0, with WOL on.. I was able to sleep but wasn't able to shutdown. Every time I would shut down it would just reboot. Now I'm able to shutdown with WOL disabled but can't sleep, it would just go to sleep for a few secs and turn itself back on.

Update: Sleep and wake is now 100% working using a MediaLink MUA-BA3 Bluetooth 4.0 adapter and a kext.

see: http://tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=2 ... 29#p423929

@bdoooh Sorry, I neglected to mentioned WOL was turned off in BIOS (I updated the OP). I had exactly the same problem as you caused by the bluetooth adapter. Are you able to sleep and wake properly without a bluetooth adapter (wired keyboard and mouse)?

nice board and info.

Works all 100%?

martijnr said:
Update: Sleep and wake is now 100% working using a MediaLink MUA-BA3 Bluetooth 4.0 adapter and a kext.

see: http://tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=2 ... 29#p423929

@bdoooh Sorry, I neglected to mentioned WOL was turned off in BIOS (I updated the OP). I had exactly the same problem as you caused by the bluetooth adapter. Are you able to sleep and wake properly without a bluetooth adapter (wired keyboard and mouse)?

It's cool. It turned out to be the Firewire Drobo was waking it up. Switched the Drobo to use USB and it slept just fine.

jpa said:
Works all 100%?

Thanks!

I have some minor issues with:
[*]2 front usb ports not working sometimes
[*]SSD not at full speed yet (see OP)

I am waiting to try the HD4000. Otherwise, everything I need works very well and I use it daily for work. The Geekbench score is 13,500, it is completely silent and consumes a lowly 72Watt under normal use (without monitors).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back