Contribute
Register

GA-Z77X-UD5H sleep issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
i have a similar problem,
my fans start to spin really fast and then stop, after 3 times of this thing my mackintosh reboot.
After some tricking around in the bios the computer reboot after only one fast fan spin.

I have the same problem from ML to Mavericks.

I followed tony's guide for efi configuration and easy beast plus audio and eth, plus darkwake=10 on mac 3.1, nothing changed.

My configuration is:
Customac Pro: Intel Core i5 3570K | GA-Z77X-UD5H | GTX 660 | 8 GB of ram | ssd | regular.

I think it is somethings about the video card.

Have you got any idea on what can i do for the sleep?
Thanks in advance,
Alberto

Yes, thank you so much everyone. With Mountain Lion sleep was not working for me. My Customac would wake up from sleep, but the screen was not turning on. With Maverick i was able to have it wake up, but my mouse/keyboard were not working anymore. Until now!
Thanks to your help my Customac is 100% working in every aspect + Dual Boot with Windows 7 :)))

Customac: Intel Core i5 3570K | GA-Z77X-UD5H | GTX 660 Ti | 16 GB of ram | SSD | HDD | LG DVD burner

- No DSDT used
- Mac Pro 3,1

my settings, taken either from this thread or from the linked website.

1. disable CPU PLL overvoltage in BIOS
2. disable wake on lan in BIOS
4. disable internal gpu in BIOS
5. enable EHCI hand off in BIOS
6. boot priority P0:"yourSSDwithOSX" in BIOS
7. init display first: PEG in BIOS
8. OS X energy saver settings on default

Nothing else!

Even auto-sleep works, despite I have no Sony drive. Amazing!!!

Hi, I have follow the tutorial in your post, however my hack won't wake after a while of being sleeping. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

Just want to say a huge thank you to you guys in this thread.
I'm running a UD5H and have finally managed to get sleep working via the boot priority fix.
After trying several other 'fixes' such as the darkwake=10 and CPU PLL Overvoltage, I can thankfully say that the simplest change (the boot priority fix), finally pushed my Hack to 100% functional.

Thank you very much for your help, and everyone at tonymac86 for your tireless effort.

Chris

How did you get it to sleep ?

Mine, whatever I tried when it sleeps and and try to wake it, it tries to reboot over and over and over and it finaly does. But this ain't no sleep. I tried everything, I mean everything. Please help !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back