CPU
i7-10700K
Graphics
RX 570
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Updated from Monterey were everything worked fine, using MacPro 7,1 Definition and OpenCore 0.8.5.

To update my hack to Ventura I used "Cryptofix" and the update went fine. It boots up and then I hear the graphics card fan go off like in Monterey, but then I have a black screen, there is a signal, but no output at all. Usually it should show the login screen.

Anybody faced the same issue?

Last edited:
Does anybody know, how to debug this? Could this be a CPU issue (too old) or is it more an issue with my RX 570 Pulse?
without your zipped EFI, no one can help......

Please see attached EFI folder.

The CryptoFixup is not included in the config.plist, because this is my backup and my hack doesn't work at the moment.
shouldn't there be 2 kexts for CPUFriend setup?

maybe stick with Monterey....

Do you mean LiluFriend?
no

if you really need to use it, then normally you would have both CPUFriend.kext + CPUFriendDataProvider.kext

if you really need to use it, then normally you would have both CPUFriend.kext + CPUFriendDataProvider.kext

And you think that CPUFriendDataProvider.kext is the issue? Are any other topics like this in the past?

I am still reverting the Monterey Backup, after this I am going to install Ventura on a separate hard drive to to some tests.

Back