Contribute
Register

GA-Z77X-UD5H Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now you've go me wondering what fixed it. I can see in my SR Tools history that I removed ALC8xxHDA, AppleHDA, and HDAEnabler898. Those are the same kexts I re-installed from multibeast and currently have loaded. I think I rebuilt the kext cache... maybe that is what fixed it.

After I re-installed the kexts, I ran this command inside a terminal window:

Code:
sudo kextcache -system-caches

anyone have any luck with the ethernet cables?

al3xx said:
anyone have any luck with the ethernet cables?

I'm trying to understand your question in the context of this thread...

Luck?
Just plug them in.

Usually only one of the ethernet ports will work.
Perhaps that is your issue?

Both ports work; for me the Intel port worked OOB and the Atheros port worked once I installed the driver for it.

Sleep seemed OK, but I only tested once. My machine is a server and needs to stay on all the time.

Bicster said:
Audio works. Used SR Tools to remove the audio and ALC kexts. Then installed the ALC898 injector, ALC8XX and AppleHDARollback, then rebooted.

Hey Bicster, trying to get my Audio working as well... did what you said but no luck. System doesn't even recognize any devices.

I only got it to work for a few boots. I'm still not sure what went wrong.

I ended up making a custom DSDT with just the audio edits, and using Toleda's interim AppleHDA for the 898. Last but not least, I removed the enabler since I had a DSDT. Sound is working reliably for me now.

For some reason my system shows two line outputs. Only one of them works, and I think it's on the wrong jack, but whatever... it works, so I didn't worry about fixing the layout.

I'm attaching the DSDT I made for my F8d BIOS. I didn't try the other DSDTs floating around since they didn't match my BIOS version.

Attachments

• dsdt.aml
    45.4 KB · Views: 149
Bicster said:
I'm attaching the DSDT I made for my F8d BIOS. I didn't try the other DSDTs floating around since they didn't match my BIOS version.

Tried it and it KPed lol. Obviously because my board is F6... maybe? As you said the audio temporarily worked with your first fix. I compared the HDEF Lines with your dsdt and the one from the downloads section and it's got the same lines... with the exception of the line
Code:
Name (TMAC, "GA-Z77.... etc)

F8d BIOS attached. I got this file from Gigabyte support.

I see that F8 is out now, but I won't have any time to mess with it for a few days.

Attachments

• z77xud5h.zip
    3.6 MB · Views: 107
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back