1. iMac
  2. MacBook Air
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello,

I overclocked my system to 4.5 Mhz in the bios with a current temperature of 50C. I'm using the default CPU cooler so 4.5Mhz is the max I think.

Unfortunately my ML system only shows 3.5Mhz (About this Mac and Geekbench).

Are there some additional settings or kexts which must be installed?

Thanks!

(My current Geekbench score is 13200. Hope to get some higher scores with my hardware)

I'm guessing that you overclocked by increasing the boost clock multiplier, no? If this is the case, OS X shouldn't automatically update About This Mac with your overclock. Your CPU's base clock speed is still set to the default (3.5 GHz for a 3770?) and it increases itself to 4.5 in turbo, as opposed to the original boost clock speed (something above 3.5 but less than 4.5 GHz).

As to whether or not there are any kexts or anything that would make the system note the difference and update About This Mac on its own, I don't know. But you should be able to manually edit what it displays.

My OC still not showing up but my Geekbench score is now around the 16000. But..only AFTER I put the system into sleep/awake. Before I do that I get a score of 12500 and a very slow Apple Magic Mouse. I set CPU PPL Overvoltage to 'disabled' because that fixes my USB connection after sleep.

Anybody know how to get the 16000 score and fast USB BEFORE I let the system go into sleep?

Thanks!

My OC still not showing up but my Geekbench score is now around the 16000. But..only AFTER I put the system into sleep/awake. Before I do that I get a score of 12500 and a very slow Apple Magic Mouse. I set CPU PPL Overvoltage to 'disabled' because that fixes my USB connection after sleep.

Anybody know how to get the 16000 score and fast USB BEFORE I let the system go into sleep?

Thanks!

Make SSDT for your oc settings using
"SSDT generation script (Ivybridge PM)"
u can find it under SSDT section of forum.

For usb problem i have another solution for me than disabling "CPU PPL Overvoltage",i use "GenericUSBXHCI USB 3.0 driver for OS X" u can find it using google.

Another thing its to read really nice Toledas article about powermanagment for your cpu.

"http://www.tonymacx86.com/mountain-lion-desktop-support/86807-ml-native-ivy-bridge-cpu-gpu-power-management.html"

I had this issue as well with the same motherboard.

My OC is 4.3GHz on a i7-3770k, GA-Z77X-UD5H rev 1.1 f14

What I did was Under

Advanced Frequency Settings -> Advanced CPU Features

changed CPU Clock Ratio, Turbo Ratio for all 4 Cores to desired frequency

I also disabled CPU EIST Function so it doesnt always run overclocked

then under Advanced Voltage Settings -> CPU Core Voltage Control

CPU VCore to normal

Dynamic VCore (DVID) to +0.060V for a stable 4.3GHz temps are 75-80C on full load.

I had this issue as well with the same motherboard.

My OC is 4.3GHz on a i7-3770k, GA-Z77X-UD5H rev 1.1 f14

What I did was Under

Advanced Frequency Settings -> Advanced CPU Features

changed CPU Clock Ratio, Turbo Ratio for all 4 Cores to desired frequency

I also disabled CPU EIST Function so it doesnt always run overclocked

then under Advanced Voltage Settings -> CPU Core Voltage Control

CPU VCore to normal

Dynamic VCore (DVID) to +0.060V for a stable 4.3GHz temps are 75-80C on full load.

Thanks! Your guide have fixed the wrong GHZ in 'About this Mac' but my geekbench score is now 3250 :-S.. On 4.3 GHZ my system restarts after sleep and on 4.1 GHZ in won't. I also use CPU PPL Overvoltage to get USB after sleep.

Strange thing is that my mouse is so slow before sleep.. After it reacting normal.. Think it's related to some voltage settings since it won't get better when I change the GHZ in the bios..

Is it possible to make a export file of your bios and post it?

I was actually going to edit my post as it contained more information than necessary lol

but from my experience the only thing that keeps osx from recognizing your overclock is EIST being enabled.

I would be more than happy to post my bios settings if I knew how to export them.

I was actually going to edit my post as it contained more information than necessary lol

but from my experience the only thing that keeps osx from recognizing your overclock is EIST being enabled.

I would be more than happy to post my bios settings if I knew how to export them.
U can make screenshot of bios settings,and u can save bios profiles to a file.

But your bios settings are really wrong since u have EIST disabled soo u dont have speedstep working means your cpu its working on max frequency-voltage all time.

Again i will post all that need be read for our setup to make things work like it schould.
"http://www.tonymacx86.com/mountain-lion-desktop-support/86807-ml-native-ivy-bridge-cpu-gpu-power-management.html"

Hey i´m trying the same on a z68xp ud3 and sandy i7 2600k and there´s no way i get "about this mac" to reaad my 4.7...
Any of you know something about ?
I´ve tried with eist enabled or disabled and it does nothing...
I get 16500 on geekbench so i suppose it´s working...

Hey i´m trying the same on a z68xp ud3 and sandy i7 2600k and there´s no way i get "about this mac" to reaad my 4.7...
Any of you know something about ?
I´ve tried with eist enabled or disabled and it does nothing...
I get 16500 on geekbench so i suppose it´s working...

If u get 16500 then its working.
U can use msrdumper to check what states u get.

in about this mac u schould have default 3.4 GHz frequency for 2600k not max turbo frequency.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back