Contribute
Register

GA-Z77X-UD5H + i7-3770K = no boot (please help)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GA-Z77X-UD5H
CPU
i7-3770K
Graphics
GeForce GTX 580
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I have the GA-Z77X-UD5H and the i7-3770k. I installed the system with that same mobo, but a core i3-2105. The system worked perfect w/ the i3 in there. As soon as I put the i7 in there, it will no longer boot. I have tried booting back to the USB drive to reinstall, but no matter what I try, it crashes. It shows the Apple logo screen for a moment, and then restarts. Any advice? Thanks in advance!

Ok, so I slapped the i3 back in, and everything works just fine.

I installed Chimera 1.9.2, restarted. Then installed BridgeHelper and restarted. Then shut down, put the i7 back in, and fired it up.

Unfortunately... the white Apple logo boot screen shows up for a second, then goes away, and the computer restarts...

Anything else I can try?

random_hero said:

I installed Chimera 1.9.2, restarted. Then installed BridgeHelper and restarted. Then shut down, put the i7 back in, and fired it up.

Unfortunately... the white Apple logo boot screen shows up for a second, then goes away, and the computer restarts...

Anything else I can try?

I've looked into my crystal (apple-shaped) ball and the hackintosh gods tell me it seems your kernelcache hasn't been updated, so you need to try booting with UseKernelCache=No. :D

This is how I solved it with a fresh install.

Installed using UniBeast with Lion 10.7.3(Fresh Download)

Copied Bridge Helper to another USB Key

Rebooted into Installer used Terminal from utility.

From the command line ran installer with a target of where I installed the OSX. Here is a screenshot of what I did.

The USB Key for me was at /Volumes/MYLINUXLIVE
The partition that I installed at was /Volumes/OSX

Cheers!

Attachments

• DSC02950.JPG
    DSC02950.JPG
    650.8 KB · Views: 229
random_hero said:

Anything else I can try?

Hi There. I see its been about a month since you've posted this, but do you still need help? I have the UD5H and the i7-3770K working great. Perhaps I can help? If you do have it running already, can you share with me your GeekBench scores? Perhaps we can learn from one another to make our systems as fast as possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back