GA-Z77X-UD5H + i7 2600K + Snow Leopard mostly working

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Real Deal said:
Thanks a lot for your feedback :)

So are you saying Z77 + 10.6.8 is OK ?

Wooh hoohhh :D :D :D

I see new horizon for my upgrade now :headbang:

Nice to see that Snow Leopard can be made to work on a Z77 motherboard.

Note that this should only work with a Sandy Bridge CPU and not an Ivy Bridge CPU.

Given that your other Ethernet is an Atheros, try using the Atheros kext from the Lion Multibeast. It worked for my board (Z77MX-D3H). Don't know if it will conflict with your other ethernet.

I wish I had your success with sleep. Mine won't work. Bought this board specifically for the native sleep. Can I ask what BIOS you're running?

Beowulff

Thanks for the post and to all who replied.

I have the same build GA-Z77X-UD5H Radeon 5770 i7 2600 SL.

Like yourself, everything works except sound. Apart from adding USB/sound card, have you found a solution?

Deleted by imself

Did you get past the update to snowleopard. I have not been successful.. I have tried everything. I even bought a i3 sandy bridge to get past. The whole point is so that I can download mountain lion and unibeast. Jim

Hi guys and Beowulff! thanks for the info on the threat.

I'm trying to install snow leopard on this mobo with the i7 2600k processor, but I cannot pass the initial load with the white and gray logo of apple and the spinning wheel. After 5 minutes of loading time the screen goes black and the monitor turns off! I do not know why?

Beowulff: did you have any of this kind of issues??

I tried to installed it with the on-board Graphics card but instead of turning off it becomes completely white and nothing happens. This was after disabling the Ati HD 6450 card and I tried it the other way around.

Any suggestions? I will really appreciate it!!

Nice to see that Snow Leopard can be made to work on a Z77 motherboard.

Note that this should only work with a Sandy Bridge CPU and not an Ivy Bridge CPU.

Jamesbond007

I agree that this is something that has pondered my conscience for some time - but what baffles me is that he used a working OSX 10.6.8 ( I am assuming it was 10.6.8) Drive from his Z68 Motherboard - installed it to the Z77 Motherboard using the same CPU - had minimal issues booting up ! (not sure what switches were used or would use when this was cold booted).

Doing this negated the need for the iBoot CD. Which is where we fail at installing OSX SL to Ivy Bridge MB's w/o using the Ivy Bridge iBoot CD. And a IB CPU.

So then if you have Z68 MB (or other type) and move it to a Ivy Bridge Family Chip set will this work, I think that's were I am going w this.

Did this work because the old and new motherboard are very similar except for the Z77 chipset (sound /codex problems aside) or did this work due to using the same CPU (does this matter) : If neither of these conditions matter then I see more ways to "skin the cat" so to speak. And just wish I had the hardware to test this ....:mrgreen:

I think this opens more questions than it answers IMHO: :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back