Graphics
GTX 650 Ti
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Three weeks ago my 4 month old build running ML 10.8.4 crashed. I contacted Gigabyte and they approved a return for warranty repair. Monday I got the motherboard back. Before reinstalling I called Gigabyte's warranty team and asked what had gone wrong. I was informed that the BIOS had crashed; it was either a surge or software error (?).

The repair team updated the BIOS to the latest F15 version (which does have a few changes from F14). After assembly I booted into the BIOS and re-entered the settings used by Ultrazone in his similar build; ultrazone's Master Audio Build: Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H - Core i7-3770k - 32GB RAM - Gigabyte GTX 650

Everything went fine both my operating version and test version of ML 10.8.4 booted without problems. I then installed ML 10.8.5 on my test install and used Multibeast 5.5 to reinstall my audio drivers. Everything seems to be working fine (second day).

But.... a funny thing happened in installing both 10.8.5 and running Multibeast 5.5. Both programs gave me an error message on the installs that the install failed. But both programs, the 10.8.5 install and the audio re-install, seem to be working fine. I repeated both installs same message both times?

Any insight out there?

Thanks

cnote

I think I have the problem & solution. When I upgraded to 10.8.5 from 10.8.4 my org.chameleon.plist file disappeared from my Extra file. I restored this file via Backup and re-ran Multibeast 5.5.2.

Please note, even without this file all changes seem to have correctly been loaded. such as audio 898, and the latest chimera boot loader.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back