Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hello!

I need some help in my Bios settings!

I have a Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H with three disks: 1 SSD OCZ Agility 4, 1 Hitachi 1TB disk, 1 WD Black Cavier 640GB.

The last week i had a issue on my Macdisk and I had to reinstall my OS.

I installed Windows at first on my Hitachi disk and then Mountain Lion on my SSD.

All works like charm, but in my boot order priority i only can choose one of my Os disks.

Example: In the hard drive BBS boot order i choose 1. P0 OCZ, 2. P1 Hitachi, but outside in Bios Features i only can choose the first disk (P0 OCZ) from the BBS boot order.

The Problem of this is i cant boot in chimera into the windows disk (bootmgr missing), i only can boot into windows from the bios with a boot override or i change the order in the BBS order. :banghead:

I allready made a bios reset and a reupdate (f14)...

Now i´m really confused because i had allready the system running in this order about a year ago...

Hello!

I need some help in my Bios settings!

I have a Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H with three disks: 1 SSD OCZ Agility 4, 1 Hitachi 1TB disk, 1 WD Black Cavier 640GB.

The last week i had a issue on my Macdisk and I had to reinstall my OS.

I installed Windows at first on my Hitachi disk and then Mountain Lion on my SSD.

All works like charm, but in my boot order priority i only can choose one of my Os disks.

Example: In the hard drive BBS boot order i choose 1. P0 OCZ, 2. P1 Hitachi, but outside in Bios Features i only can choose the first disk (P0 OCZ) from the BBS boot order.

The Problem of this is i cant boot in chimera into the windows disk (bootmgr missing), i only can boot into windows from the bios with a boot override or i change the order in the BBS order. :banghead:

I allready made a bios reset and a reupdate (f14)...

Now i´m really confused because i had allready the system running in this order about a year ago...
I had a similar problem on my old board. It would ignore the boot priorities and always boot into the windows bootloader. To solve this problem I unplugged all the drives, except for the one with Chimera. Then I rebooted, this forced it to boot into the chimera drive. I then proceeded to shut down and plug back in all my other drives, for some reason this fixed my problem and now everything is working great.

Also I wonder if the Sata port number has anything to do with boot priority?

I had a similar problem on my old board. It would ignore the boot priorities and always boot into the windows bootloader. To solve this problem I unplugged all the drives, except for the one with Chimera. Then I rebooted, this forced it to boot into the chimera drive. I then proceeded to shut down and plug back in all my other drives, for some reason this fixed my problem and now everything is working great.

Also I wonder if the Sata port number has anything to do with boot priority?

Thanks for the quick reply! I will try it.

OK, i solved my problem...

I accidently installed windows without an efi partition, now its clear why it doesn´t apear in my bios... :oops:

so i must start again...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back