Contribute
Register

GA-Z77X-UD3H Rev 1.1 Need help with audio please.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Ivy Bridge CustoMac Pro
CPU
i7-3770k
Graphics
Intel HD4000
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
GA-Z77X-UD3H Rev 1.1 VIA VT2021 Need help with audio please.

I have successfully installed ML on this board. I had to use the USB headers on the motherboard to install. I found a kext on OSX86 for working Atheros 8161 ethernet. The kext was stated as experimental but works fine. However, I have not been able to get the audio working. I only use the rear green port, nothing major. I tried installing the latest VoodooHDA VT2021 0.2.7.2 in MultiBeast but it caused KP. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. The Voodoo HDA kext supposedly works with Rev 1.0 boards but I have found no info on the Rev 1.1 boards.

Thanks.

I have successfully installed ML on this board. I had to use the USB headers on the motherboard to install. I found a kext on OSX86 for working Atheros 8161 ethernet. The kext was stated as experimental but works fine. However, I have not been able to get the audio working. I only use the rear green port, nothing major. I tried installing the latest VoodooHDA VT2021 0.2.7.2 in MultiBeast but it caused KP. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. The Voodoo HDA kext supposedly works with Rev 1.0 boards but I have found no info on the Rev 1.1 boards.

Thanks.

You should probably be using the ALC898 that is included with Multibeast (non-DSDT version for that mobo).

You should probably be using the ALC898 that is included with Multibeast (non-DSDT version for that mobo).
The GA-Z77X-UD3H (notice 3H) does not have an ALC898, it is VIA as the OP states.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back