HD4000 and ATI Radeon 4870
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi!

I am planning to buy hardware to build a second hackingtosh.

I would like to know if I should expect networking problems with the onboard "Realtek GbE LAN chip (10/100/1000 Mbit)" of the Gigabyte GA-Z77N-WIFI motherboard?

I have not found specific info about it on the forum, even in bitterMelon's built. Anyone can tell me if they ever had network problems with it?

Thank you!

Milhouse

Hi!

I am planning to buy hardware to build a second hackingtosh.

I would like to know if I should expect networking problems with the onboard "Realtek GbE LAN chip (10/100/1000 Mbit)" of the Gigabyte GA-Z77N-WIFI motherboard?

I have not found specific info about it on the forum, even in bitterMelon's built. Anyone can tell me if they ever had network problems with it?

Thank you!

Milhouse

None what so ever ! Once you install Lnx2Mac's Realtek kext via MultiBeast everything is perfect. Its been up and running 24/7 for around 2 months.
Same as BlueTooth that worked OOTB which was awesome :D

The only "problem" is that, sometimes, if you unplug and re-plug the cable, it won't come back up again for some reason. But other than that, it works fine.

The only "problem" is that, sometimes, if you unplug and re-plug the cable, it won't come back up again for some reason. But other than that, it works fine.

That only happens when you pull the cable when the pc is on ! Its not a problem as the vast majority of people generally don't pull out cables when their pc is turned on .

That only happens when you pull the cable when the pc is on ! Its not a problem as the vast majority of people generally don't pull out cables when their pc is turned on .
Yes. Maybe I should have specified that. :)

Good to know that the drivers works great! I cant wait to see if they work properly with WOL, sleep and auto sleep too!

No, but the onboard wifi is easy to replace.

I have ordered a replacement from ebay, but unfortunately I did not get theDell DW1515 as I guess I have missed the information in the beginning your thread BitterMelon. (I have read the 49 pages lol, But I was half done at the time I have ordered!)

But I did get the AR9280 AR5BH92 Half PCI-E Wireless Card 300M
http://www.ebay.ca/itm/220819102670#ht_3674wt_983

You guys think this adaptor will work properly? Or should I order right away the DW1515 adaptor?

Of course, I wont be using onboard bluetooth. I will be using the perfectly working GBU521 adaptor in a usb 2.0 port.

It will work just fine. It's basically the same card as far as I know (just without the "Dell" stamp). :)

Great! Nice to know! :O) Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back