Graphics
MSI GTX770OC
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello from Greece. I need some help here pls..
Just made my unibeast USB from my MacBook pro and want to install on a GA-Z77N-WIFI / 3770k / 16gb ram / MSI GTX 770OC.
I have done it again before up until Yosemite with success , but got stuck with el capitan!!
The installation is on a new drive..so no update!
Switched bios to default (F3 version)
And whatever other setting I make... the board cannot read the USB as bootable..
everytime I start from there I get "bootaf0 error"
Pls give me a hand, cause my 1rst thought is clover, cause every other installation I made was with chameleon and his sister..(lol)
Thank you in advanced

Are you doing a UEFI or Legacy install in UniBeast?

The big list of solutions has some suggestions for the boot0af error.

A UEFI INSTALL AS I SHOULD...it is strange because my UEFI Windows 10 usb is read as UEFI WINDOWS INSTALLER..so..that's why I am confused...

one thought is that I made the usb in El Capitan, so no option for partitioning and guid...only erase...

The boot0af error indicates that it's try to boot as a legacy drive, but you're trying to do a UEFI install.

Check your BIOS boot settings and make sure it's set to boot UEFI and Legacy (or if that still gives you trouble maybe try UEFI only)

Or use the boot hotkey for your BIOS that lets you select a specific drive to boot from, and make sure you select an entry for your install USB that says "UEFI".

The boot0af error indicates that it's try to boot as a legacy drive, but you're trying to do a UEFI install.

Check your BIOS boot settings and make sure it's set to boot UEFI and Legacy (or if that still gives you trouble maybe try UEFI only)

Or use the boot hotkey for your BIOS that lets you select a specific drive to boot from, and make sure you select an entry for your install USB that says "UEFI".

thats why I am confused...f12 is the boot menu hotkey...and it only says Samsung data traveler..not UEFI Samsung data traveler...with my other Windows usb ...it directly says UEFI Samsung data traveler...!!
dead end!

made the usb in El Capitan..and there was no option for partitioning or guid partition..only erase..and format as journaled...don't know if that's something to question..

Usually if you select the drive (not the partition) and hit Erase, one of the options is the partition type and you can select GUID.

If not, you can try the command line:

diskutil eraseDisk jhfs+ USB gpt /dev/diskX

Where X is the number for the external USB drive (you can check with "diskutil list")

Usually if you select the drive (not the partition) and hit Erase, one of the options is the partition type and you can select GUID.

If not, you can try the command line:

diskutil eraseDisk jhfs+ USB gpt /dev/diskX

Where X is the number for the external USB drive (you can check with "diskutil list")

As i am writing this words..i am installing el capitan..
What i did was erasing the partition using dispart from windows..so that did the job!
Thank you a lot!!
Now lets see the new challenges with the post installation...

So..good news..I guess..some progress is shown.
i booted up, installed..without any extra flags..but no sound, no wifi..and no stepping for the cup.
i guess clover is not my thing..think I will wait for multibeast. (Hope iMessage is fixed)
i have a question for you...I downloaded this
https://github.com/mrengles/Gigabyte-Z77N-WiFi-Hackintosh-DSDT
but it was a file with txt's....do I have to paste them somehow to my dsdt?
i added this address to the repo sources in maciASL but got an error that can't find anything in this source!

how do I patch my dsdt..and , now that I tried and patched it with no errors, but from the maciASL's default repo...do I need a new, and how do I do that?
can you help me with that?

should I wait for multibeast..is it going to be rocking good as always??
thanks in advanced..again and again...

If you get patch files that are txts, you can open your unmodified DSDT in MaciASL (should say "System DSDT" in the title bar), then open the patches window, then instead of selecting a patch from a list just copy/paste the patch text into the top right area where the patch text goes and then hit Apply and then when you're done with all the patching, Close.

You can generate a CPU SSDT for power saving & turbo with ssdtPRGen.sh.

You can enable audio with audio_cloverALC.

What WiFi are you using?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back