Contribute
Register

GA-Z77-UD5H with GTX 660, is this build hackable?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
CPU
i7 3770K
Graphics
GeForce GTX 680
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hey Everyone!

I am planning to build my first hackintosh. Here is my build: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/MJXo

First things first, is this hackable? If so, what kind of problems should I expect?

Continuing on, how would I go about the multibeast process for this build? The unibeast installation seems pretty straightforward but once it gets to multibeast it seems confusing.

My greatest fear is that I will buy this expensive build and it will not work as a Mac computer :(

(don't complain about the GPU and PSU, they are being salvaged from a previous computer :lol:)

Hey Everyone!

I am planning to build my first hackintosh. Here is my build: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/MJXo

First things first, is this hackable? If so, what kind of problems should I expect?

Continuing on, how would I go about the multibeast process for this build? The unibeast installation seems pretty straightforward but once it gets to multibeast it seems confusing.

My greatest fear is that I will buy this expensive build and it will not work as a Mac computer :(

(don't complain about the GPU and PSU, they are being salvaged from a previous computer :lol:)

You should have no problems at all with this build. Follow the 10.8 Installation Guide. When you get to the MultiBeast step, choose these options:

UserDSDT/DSDT-Free Installation (you won't need a DSDT unless you want to configure HDMI audio)
Drivers & Bootloaders->Drivers->Audio->Realtek ALC8xx->Without DSDT->ALC898
Drivers & Bootloaders->Drivers->Disk->3rd Party SATA (for the Marvell SATA controllers on the motherboard)
Drivers & Bootloaders->Drivers->Disk->TRIM Enabler->10.8.1+ TRIM Patch
Drivers & Bootloaders->Drivers->Network->Atheros - Shailua's ALXEthernet
Drivers & Bootloaders->Drivers->Network->Intel - hnak's AppleIntelE1000
Customization->Boot Options->GraphicsEnabler=No

See attached for the graphical view.

Good luck and have fun!

Attachments

• MB_TofuDawg.jpg
    MB_TofuDawg.jpg
    188.9 KB · Views: 141
Wow thank you so much for this! :D

Hahaaa...I see how it is =)

Hello,

I just finished the build and Multibeast setup, and for now everything seems to work great. One thing, however, is that it will not shut down. When I Apple>Shut Down, it shuts down for about 1 second and then turns itself back on. Is there any way to fix this?

Hello,

I just finished the build and Multibeast setup, and for now everything seems to work great. One thing, however, is that it will not shut down. When I Apple>Shut Down, it shuts down for about 1 second and then turns itself back on. Is there any way to fix this?

Do you have Wake on LAN enabled in your BIOS? If so, try disabling it (I found that tip in this thread).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back