Contribute
Register

GA-Z77-DS3H v.1.1 CPU Fan Spins up to full speed at Boot and Wake from Sleep

Status
Not open for further replies.
i have the Z77-DS3H sand its fine for me but note if your using a Bluetooth 4.0 which supports wake from sleep then yes your machine will wake up and go back to sleep its normal i pretty sure it is mine always does it but your fan issue its normal when you first turn on your machine because it throws a lot power to the CPU its just a power thing no need to worry but the thing is if it stays on full RPM then maybe its a bios setting in Fan speed in the bios or maybe your thermal paste is failing check your temperatures

I have GA Z77 D3H rev 1.1 and had that issue; ironically, I don't recall having that issue with OS X before. I'm not sure if this is the actual fix or not, but I went to System Preferences and turned off everything under Energy Saver so that there is no waking up on Ethernet or hard disk sleeping. I also did a repair permissions, and after a few reboots, the spinning up went away. Now when I leave my Hackintosh on, the monitor just goes to sleep and everything stays on. No more problems for me unless I actually put my Hack to sleep since it will not truly sleep since it powers right back up after a few seconds. Even though, it no longer spins up and becomes so loud.

I don't know if it will make a difference, but check your fan settings under PC Health Status. My desktop is very quiet now and doesn't rev up anymore under normal working conditions.

Last edited:
+1. ASUS Z170-AR board with Skylake i7-6700K and AMD RX 580 GPU running Mojave. Everything configured properly (to my knoledge at least) including custom SSDT for USB. Using no Fixes, or boot arguments and iMac17,1 SMBIOS, everything works perfectly! Every third or so wake from sleep the fans (CPU I think) will be fully blasted and stay that way until I reboot. Very annoying, and trying to figure out what may be causing it but no luck so far. :banghead:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back