Graphics
Sapphire Radeon HD 5770
Mac
  1. iMac
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Update: My first motherboard was purchased as an open item at Amazon. So I bought the same board new and still had the same problem. So I had to narrow down the problem by taking peripherals and memory chips out and test one by one. The problem was a firewire card that was plugged into a slot. Once I took it out everything seems to work, except for usb 3.

Thanks to everyone that replied.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mobo GA-Z77-DS3H
i5-3570k
8GB DDR3-1333 Ram
128GB Agility 4 connected to SATAIII port
ATI Radeon HD 5770

The install was painless, everything seems to work. All the post on this mobo state that sleep works. But on my setup when it goes to sleep it will start up right away. It does go to sleep completely, all lights turn off. I downloaded the PleaseSleep app and it didn't help. I looked at the PleaseSleep log and all it says is Wake notification received from system. I did everything I could think of, disconnected bluetooth dongle, turned off wifi and unplugged any external drivers. Not sure what else I can try. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

I believe the PleaseSleep app only helps your computer go to sleep initially. It doesn't keep it asleep and it still conforms to the Energy Saver settings.

Check your energy saver preferences and uncheck wake for network access.

Also see if your Wake On Lan is enabled in your BIOS. Disabling this may resolve your issue.

I'm having similar issues where the system will wake up immediately upon receiving (and acting upon) the Sleep command. For me, this happens with Shut Down as well. The system wants to be on all the time.

I've tried the Energy Saver settings in Mac OS X 10.8.3, but that didn't solve the problems. I also tried PleaseSleep, but the system still wakes itself up in short order.

I'm using the Gigabyte mb-z77x-up5-th motherboard with an i7 processor. Here's a screenshot of my latest Multibeast install. Did I use the wrong settings somewhere?

http://cl.ly/image/1K401L0J0537

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back