i3-2105
Graphics
HD 3000
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I have a GA Z77-DS3H v1.1 F9 UEFI Bios that I have used UniBeast 3.01 to install Mavericks 10.9.2 and then MultiBeast 6.2.1 to post install DSDT-free.

UEFI Bios was set with F7 defaults and then SATA set to ACHI.

The CPU is an i7-3770K. There is 16 gig of ram. The hard drive is a 2 TB drive with 512 byte sectors. Drive is partitioned into 2 1 TB partitions. Using the built in Intel Graphics. Monitor connected to computer via HDMI cable.

The system boots from the hard drive OK. Works well at this point with a WiFi card that is recognized as AirPort.

I am not really impressed with Mavericks. There are just too many bugs, so I have tried to install ML into the second partition. I also tried to install ML to a separate 1TB drive with the same results.

Installation USB created for ML with UniBeast 3.01. Installation proceeded as expected, writing to the second partition.

The problem occurs when trying to boot ML. I get the gray screen with the apple and the animation, which I'll call the animated navel, same as with Mavericks, but it never gets to initial ML setup.

If I boot verbose, it hangs after messages about bluetooth support, of which there is none. If left long enough I get this message:

consider RebuildOfPrelinkedKernel prebuild rebuild has expired

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Dennis

I have a GA Z77-DS3H v1.1 F9 UEFI Bios that I have used UniBeast 3.01 to install Mavericks 10.9.2 and then MultiBeast 6.2.1 to post install DSDT-free.

UEFI Bios was set with F7 defaults and then SATA set to ACHI.

The CPU is an i7-3770K. There is 16 gig of ram. The hard drive is a 2 TB drive with 512 byte sectors. Drive is partitioned into 2 1 TB partitions. Using the built in Intel Graphics. Monitor connected to computer via HDMI cable.

The system boots from the hard drive OK. Works well at this point with a WiFi card that is recognized as AirPort.

I am not really impressed with Mavericks. There are just too many bugs, so I have tried to install ML into the second partition. I also tried to install ML to a separate 1TB drive with the same results.

Installation USB created for ML with UniBeast 3.01. Installation proceeded as expected, writing to the second partition.

The problem occurs when trying to boot ML. I get the gray screen with the apple and the animation, which I'll call the animated navel, same as with Mavericks, but it never gets to initial ML setup.

If I boot verbose, it hangs after messages about bluetooth support, of which there is none. If left long enough I get this message:

consider RebuildOfPrelinkedKernel prebuild rebuild has expired

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Dennis

It doesn't like your gfx. Did you set the Init First Display to iGPU and iGPU memory to 64M in BIOS?

It doesn't like your gfx. Did you set the Init First Display to iGPU and iGPU memory to 64M in BIOS?

I did not have the first, but did have the second. I fixed the first, but it did not solve the problem. Mavericks still boots fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back